WTF Sandy is a filthy whore!

that sounds like the front of the island by rickenbacker causeway where all the hotels and condos are located. I'm talking about the other end in the state park. Beautiful beach and it's always empty whenever I've been there. Maybe it was just good timing.

I'm all ready to go. Cleaned out gutters. Gathered some really dry wood to use in case of power loss, and really it needed to be done anyway. I checked that all my lanterns and bigger candle scones have candles ready to go. I have a bunch flashlights, including 2 huge LED powered maglites. Car chargers out and ready, ETC ETC

I even organized board games and went thru some of my books. :fly:

Cumberland County PA

..High Wind Warning in effect from 8 am Monday to noon EDT Tuesday... The National Weather Service in State College has issued a High Wind Warning...which is in effect from 8 am Monday to noon EDT Tuesday. The high wind watch is no longer in effect.

Winds...north 30 to 40 mph with occasional gusts up to 70 mph...becoming southwest late Monday night.

Timing...beginning shortly after daybreak Monday...and lasting through Tuesday morning.

The 93 snow super storm had 963mb of pressure. Sandy is already down to 951mb from 960 yesterday.

I'd say that we will somewhere around 5-8" of rain.

High Wind Warning from Mon, 8am until Tue, 8pm EDT
Coastal Flood Watch from Tue, 12am until Tue, 8pm EDT
Coastal Flood Advisory until Tue, 12am EDT
Flood Watch from Mon, 2am until Tue, 8pm EDT

* TIMING... WIND GUSTS OVER 45 MPH ARE EXPECTED BY 8 AM MONDAY AND WIND GUSTS OF 60 TO 65 MPH ARE EXPECTED MONDAY AFTERNOON INTO TUESDAY.

* IMPACTS... A PROLONGED AND SIGNIFICANT 24-TO-36 HOUR HIGH WIND EVENT WILL TAKE PLACE ACROSS THE WARNING AREA. COUPLED WITH HEAVY RAINS FROM SANDY... THE HIGH WINDS WILL LEAD TO SIGNIFICANT TREE DAMAGE. RESIDENTS... VISITORS... AND BUSINESSES ACROSS THE REGION SHOULD PLAN FOR WIDESPREAD POWER AND COMMUNICATION OUTAGES.