Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is like the war in the 1800s between florida and georgia. the floridians tactic was to throw dynamite, the georgians lit the fuses and threw them back :fly:

usually FL = AL but alabama people aren't smart enough to use compyuters...except ryokorin, he's cool

If this issue is due to people getting snippy at each other during heated debates, I can't help you there, it happens. People get very emotional when protecting their point of view.

If all this darma is due to people spamming in serious debate discussions, I have to once again ask, WTF happened to the Mass Debate forum? I must have missed whatever made it go bye bye, but without it, the serious discussions in the Useless Chatter forum are open season for spamming.

Edit: that and it was the one thing I was proud of cause I thought up the name. I'm going to go sit in my room and cry now. :emo:

I never visited the mass debate forum, so that's why I didn't miss it when it disappeared. However, I fail to see the reasoning behind getting rid of it if the people who did visit got what they needed out of it. I understand not wanting serious threads spammed, and I can see how a discussion thread (even if not serious) can be annoying when it's thrown off topic.

But that's what I like about this place.....out of nowhere you get slammed with the most random, stupid, funny, sometimes offensive comments. How can you not laugh at that?

The majority of the participating members that were here last time we had a forum uprising are still the majority now. We did not like the very serious way this place was being governed, and we are having fun with the slightly out of control insanity that has replaced it. A few isolated incidents do not call for a forum overhaul......and remember, you can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please ALL the people ALL the time.

I will now go back to my pseudo-silent prowling on the edges.....carry on and play nice :smooch:

I never visited the mass debate forum, so that's why I didn't miss it when it disappeared. However, I fail to see the reasoning behind getting rid of it if the people who did visit got what they needed out of it. I understand not wanting serious threads spammed, and I can see how a discussion thread (even if not serious) can be annoying when it's thrown off topic.

But that's what I like about this place.....out of nowhere you get slammed with the most random, stupid, funny, sometimes offensive comments. How can you not laugh at that?

The majority of the participating members that were here last time we had a forum uprising are still the majority now. We did not like the very serious way this place was being governed, and we are having fun with the slightly out of control insanity that has replaced it. A few isolated incidents do not call for a forum overhaul......and remember, you can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time, but you can't please ALL the people ALL the time.

I will now go back to my pseudo-silent prowling on the edges.....carry on and play nice :smooch:

You picked Ireland over Dallas. No one cares.

If this issue is due to people getting snippy at each other during heated debates, I can't help you there, it happens. People get very emotional when protecting their point of view.

If all this darma is due to people spamming in serious debate discussions, I have to once again ask, WTF happened to the Mass Debate forum? I must have missed whatever made it go bye bye, but without it, the serious discussions in the Useless Chatter forum are open season for spamming.

Edit: that and it was the one thing I was proud of cause I thought up the name. I'm going to go sit in my room and cry now. :emo:

No one posted in that forum for at least a month. The people getting emotional, unwarranted for the most part, seem to be the ones drawing attention to themselves. It almost makes me wonder if there is some underlying personal issue that needs addressed, not forum rules.

Didn't this thread get voted closed? Or do those rules not apply to certain threads?

Good post. I completely agree with all of your points and applaud you on your insight.

Also,

19645d677d9b2692.jpg

Shut your trap April. There is something wrong with the forum, there's been something wrong with the forum and just because you don't agree with that doesn't negate that fact.
HYPOCRACY.

We don't have to ban everyone, just you. ;)
HYPOCRACY!

I'd start by banning Pandora for ironic juxtaposition (Mingle in the house), and FlamingGlory for ordering snowshoes with overnight delivery. :fly:
FAGGOT!

:fly: ironic given the title of the thread
THIS IS WHY LILMS LEFT!

Status
Not open for further replies.