Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

I can't use any remote access solution, without the log filling up with error 6s and creating the whole machine.

99% of people, like me, have zero problems. The only real problems I've had have been Linux kernel and Plex problems. Both outside of their control.

edit: And did you check if you were using ipvlan
That whole "QuickSync will fix you right up" thing would put a bad taste in my mouth for sure.

It did fix it. It just took a year for Intel to get their heads out of their asses. Completely unacceptable.
It was in there Debian kernel on day 1. It took a year for unRAID to put it in their custom slackware kernel. It's dumb to run a custom kernel

It was in there Debian kernel on day 1. It took a year for unRAID to put it in their custom slackware kernel. It's dumb to run a custom kernel
It was in there but didn't work without constantly locking up. And then it took more work before it could work in Plex (I can find you all the complaints about Intel from ChuckPa at Plex if you'd like). You're remembering incorrectly. That was not an Unraid issue, as I was running all the RCs at the time with an up to date kernel.

It was in there but didn't work without constantly locking up. And then it took more work before it could work in Plex (I can find you all the complaints about Intel from ChuckPa at Plex if you'd like). You're remembering incorrectly. That was not an Unraid issue, as I was running all the RCs at the time with an up to date kernel.
an up to date kernel from unRAID. Not an up to date kernel from the linux kernel group

I do recall that there were other issue even in the main linux kernel though, you're right.

an up to date kernel from unRAID. Not an up to date kernel from the linux kernel group

I do recall that there were other issue even in the main linux kernel though, you're right.
Yes, I was running an up-to-date kernel at the time. Good Lord. The issue was a linux one.

I miss the simple days of a couple of IDE drives in an external firewire enclosure in RAID 1 connected to my MacBook.

Important stuff got burned to DVD.
...you had a Mac 🤮 i remember my first digital camera only had a FireWire port and had to but an adapter card and blahhhh