Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

holy shit man, you really do fetishize antique computing

1492074912735.jpg
ngl, 30 minutes ago I was looking for C64s and Amigas on eBay lol

Never heard of this case so I just looked it up. lol how bizarre! There have been some really weird and wacky cases
theyve been milking that full-ATX design for going on 20 years now

heres the original CM stacker 830 that was hugely popular in 2003-2004

2528-1284s-1.jpg

theyve been milking that full-ATX design for going on 20 years now

heres the original CM stacker 830 that was hugely popular in 2003-2004

2528-1284s-1.jpg
I had a CM case that had a door like that but only for the upper half of the front, covering the bays and buttons. Can't remember what model it was.

That is one fugly looking case. Needs to be a clean aluminum case. LianLi used to own that market segment but now Silverstone and others make decent aluminum cases.
I love it, and think it looks awesome. I also like the white. Wish monitors and other peripherals came in white more often.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
If anyone is looking to step up training on coding a friend of mine turned me on to Pluralsight. He has over 200 hours in it and LOVES it. I signed up for a monthly account and am already four hours in. It's seriously some of the most well put together online training I've seen.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
@fly was trying to put more and more stuff on my infrastructure box, get it off the windows NAS. Todays move was I was gonna run Radarr, Sonarr and NZBget in docker on the infrastructure box, and have em just write to the share on the NAS over 10gbe.

Realized that was a bad idea for NZBGET. It unrars locally, so it was writing the files to the share, pulling them back to the puny infrastructure box to unrar, then writing the file back to the NAS.

Gonna have to run NZGET on the NAS, but i think i can get away with dockerizing Radarr and Sonarr since theyre just pushing NZBs to NZBget.

Maybe i can do it windows docker or on WSL2 on that box

If anyone is looking to step up training on coding a friend of mine turned me on to Pluralsight. He has over 200 hours in it and LOVES it. I signed up for a monthly account and am already four hours in. It's seriously some of the most well put together online training I've seen.

I've used pluralsight for many years. I've found that Pirate Bay is better and cheaper.

@fly was trying to put more and more stuff on my infrastructure box, get it off the windows NAS. Todays move was I was gonna run Radarr, Sonarr and NZBget in docker on the infrastructure box, and have em just write to the share on the NAS over 10gbe.

Realized that was a bad idea for NZBGET. It unrars locally, so it was writing the files to the share, pulling them back to the puny infrastructure box to unrar, then writing the file back to the NAS.

Gonna have to run NZGET on the NAS, but i think i can get away with dockerizing Radarr and Sonarr since theyre just pushing NZBs to NZBget.

Maybe i can do it windows docker or on WSL2 on that box
Just put the /completed folder on the NAS.

I've used pluralsight for many years. I've found that Pirate Bay is better and cheaper.
Yeah, I'm just to the point that I don't mind paying for certain things. IMO, good training is one of those things.

They just had a sale, so I got a year of Premium for $299. I've got to recertify for AWS by October, so this brush up will help. And I'm still working to learn how to write WordPress plugins as well.

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
Yeah, I'm just to the point that I don't mind paying for certain things. IMO, good training is one of those things.

They just had a sale, so I got a year of Premium for $299. I've got to recertify for AWS by October, so this brush up will help. And I'm still working to learn how to write WordPress plugins as well.
Too many tutorial videos are made by people who cant speak english really well. If i find a good one by someone who speaks good english, then ill probably find it on udemy and buy it after the fact.

Too many tutorial videos are made by people who cant speak english really well. If i find a good one by someone who speaks good english, then ill probably find it on udemy and buy it after the fact.
I did a WordPress plugin course on Udemy. It was like 40 hours, and it was good - but the Pluralsight stuff is lightyears better IMO.

I did a WordPress plugin course on Udemy. It was like 40 hours, and it was good - but the Pluralsight stuff is lightyears better IMO.
I did a course on pluralsight, only to find it for sale on udemy for $20.

These days i avoid coding like the plague, so i barely use either.