Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

Schlepped the old WD 4TB drives over to the doom-box, since the lil 250GB drive is apparently not studly enough to take all of my vintage gaming fetish.

Starting a drive pool for a RAID 5 array now.

If I'm actually too lazy to pull down and crack open my server, is there software I can run to see if all my PCI-E slots are full?

what dude. how do you not know this.

You dont have any other cards in it than a video card right? Pull up a pic of your chinese mobo and look at the slot spacing.

:wtf: I have a ton of cards in there for SATA ports...
oh, i forgot you do things the ugly way.

Ive got a complete setup with a 20 port RAID card in a 4u hotswap thats just sitting around if you wanted to upgrade to something not ghetto.

hell, i also just have a 24 port RAID card (you can do passthrough) that takes a single pci-e 8x. Its completely transparent to to the OS.

could neaten things up a lot, uses MiniSAS breakout cables, so 1 cable per 4 drives

• Gravy
Reactions: Josh
oh, i forgot you do things the ugly way.

Ive got a complete setup with a 20 port RAID card in a 4u hotswap thats just sitting around if you wanted to upgrade to something not ghetto.

hell, i also just have a 24 port RAID card (you can do passthrough) that takes a single pci-e 8x. Its completely transparent to to the OS.

could neaten things up a lot, uses MiniSAS breakout cables, so 1 cable per 4 drives
Price for the RAID card? I'm not using a fucking 4u. :lol: