Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

Also, since they now have rstp the native app is unneeded if you didn't want it.

I'm gonna continue to use the native app for viewing, but use the rstp stream to have blueiris record locally continually

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138
Amazon has been fucking up with that for a bit. There was that thing a while back where you could see where a gift you got someone was dropped off. Not normally an issue, but combine it with Secret Santa on Reddit/Imgur/whatever a d you got a mess.
I'm surprised anyone's shocked at all.

When you pay nothing for a service, you're the one who's being sold.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Looks like the Wyze Cam needs “special” firmware.

Must be some beta thing.

I’ll have to look when we’re home.
ehhh, you know im tending towards siding with your previous course of action on this one.

This is not what wyze shoulda done. Its a oneoff firmware that istn gonna get future updates. I dont get why rstp is so hard, especially considering the other firmwares have done it. It may be a business decision that if people have rstp they wont be locked to the wyze app

ehhh, you know im tending towards siding with your previous course of action on this one.

This is not what wyze shoulda done. Its a oneoff firmware that istn gonna get future updates. I dont get why rstp is so hard, especially considering the other firmwares have done it. It may be a business decision that if people have rstp they wont be locked to the wyze app

Ahh.

Well then.

Maybe I’ll just go with some HikVision stuff that Synology directly supports.

And doesn’t require fucking about.

Reviewing some third party code today.

In a header file:
Code:
#define ever ;1;

In source code:
Code:
for(ever) {
}

Apparently while(1) isn't creative enough for the programmer.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and Jehannum
I know next to nothing about M.2 standards and shit. I don't see anything that looks like a socket, but I figured I'd ask you guys. This is the Chineseum board that I have. No M.2, correct?

Amazon product ASIN B06WWHJHT4
that is correct. No m.2 for you.

That said, i love that we're getting less and less discrete cabling and components. The m2 drive i have in my main pc has the thing booted by the time i can turn the monitor on.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138