Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

My Ryzen 1600 with a 1050ti has zero issues with speed, fyi.

Not that I have dozens of users like you do. Just 5 total.
Yes, but HW en/decoding is multiples faster than using the CPU.
edit: FWIW, my proc doesn't have QuickSync. But if you do, you can support a fuckton of users on an Atom or some shit like that.

@fly check your nzbget complete folder occasionally :p

I just found 480 movies there that radarr had glitched on and refused to move. That took a while to cleanup manually

on the plus side, i freed up 2.2TB as most of the files were "replacement" files that radarr was updating old 720p and 1080p stuff to 4k

Hnnng, I'm having to nuke and pave my OS X install on the laptop. Something's filling up the log files to a ridiculous extent and crashing the machine about once a day, and I'm sick and tired of it.

But as is my wont, I have simply upgraded my machine's OS since 2013, so a nuke and pave seems like a good idea in lieu of actually trying to troubleshoot the log files.

@fly check your nzbget complete folder occasionally :p

I just found 480 movies there that radarr had glitched on and refused to move. That took a while to cleanup manually
I had 31 folders in there. By the looks of it, most of them are fucked up. Deleting!

edit: And that shouldn't be NZBGet's fault. It's the fault of whoever is supposed to pick it up out of that folder.
edit2: I see you said Radarr. Im dumb.

Last edited:
Hnnng, I'm having to nuke and pave my OS X install on the laptop. Something's filling up the log files to a ridiculous extent and crashing the machine about once a day, and I'm sick and tired of it.

But as is my wont, I have simply upgraded my machine's OS since 2013, so a nuke and pave seems like a good idea in lieu of actually trying to troubleshoot the log files.
luddite!

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I had 31 folders in there. By the looks of it, most of them are fucked up. Deleting!

edit: And that shouldn't be NZBGet's fault. It's the fault of whoever is supposed to pick it up out of that folder.
edit2: I see you said Radarr. Im dumb.

radarr is downloading the nzb, downloading the file, but not linking it or renaming it or moving it. So what you end up with in radarr is a movie that looks complete, but has no file attached to it.

radarr is downloading the nzb, downloading the file, but not linking it or renaming it or moving it. So what you end up with in radarr is a movie that looks complete, but has no file attached to it.
I spot checked mine, and all of them looked fucked up. :iono: And all the movies were later downloaded again and moved correctly.

I spot checked mine, and all of them looked fucked up. :iono: And all the movies were later downloaded again and moved correctly.
cool. i think mine jammed up at one point, and it just carried

radarr doesnt like nested folders. Some fucksticks like to put the following structure

Movie folder
- nfo files
- sub folders
-movie file and sample
- subs

that breaks it.

Oh, also, watch out for virooses. I had 5-10 downloads that were properly sized "avi" files (that should have been a flag in and of itself), which were actually shortcuts (.lnk files) to a powershell script that did viroosey things.

Even when you have show file extensions on, .lnk files dont show their file extension

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
cool. i think mine jammed up at one point, and it just carried

radarr doesnt like nested folders. Some fucksticks like to put the following structure

Movie folder
- nfo files
- sub folders
-movie file and sample
- subs

that breaks it.

Oh, also, watch out for virooses. I had 5-10 downloads that were properly sized "avi" files (that should have been a flag in and of itself), which were actually shortcuts (.lnk files) to a powershell script that did viroosey things.

Even when you have show file extensions on, .lnk files dont show their file extension
Yeah, but didn't you notice the arrow over the icon?