Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

Anyone with any working knowledge of flattened device trees?

I'm not sure if it's a Device, or a Black Walnut, but is this along the lines of what you're looking for?

dominantsablackwalnut01.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: Hoff Kinkmeister
From the 'No Shit, Sherlock' dept.

A congressionally mandated healthcare industry task force has published the findings of its investigation into the state of health information systems security, and the diagnosis is dire.

The Health Care Industry Cybersecurity Task Force report (PDF), published on June 1, warns that all aspects of health IT security are in critical condition and that action is needed both by government and the industry to shore up security. The recommendations to Congress and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) included programs to drive vulnerable hardware and software out of health care organizations. The report also recommends efforts to inject more people with security skills into the healthcare work force, as well as the establishment of a chain of command and procedures for dealing with cyber attacks on the healthcare system.

https://arstechnica.com/security/20...-health-it-security-is-in-critical-condition/

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
From the 'No Shit, Sherlock' dept.

A congressionally mandated healthcare industry task force has published the findings of its investigation into the state of health information systems security, and the diagnosis is dire.

The Health Care Industry Cybersecurity Task Force report (PDF), published on June 1, warns that all aspects of health IT security are in critical condition and that action is needed both by government and the industry to shore up security. The recommendations to Congress and the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) included programs to drive vulnerable hardware and software out of health care organizations. The report also recommends efforts to inject more people with security skills into the healthcare work force, as well as the establishment of a chain of command and procedures for dealing with cyber attacks on the healthcare system.

https://arstechnica.com/security/20...-health-it-security-is-in-critical-condition/

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

In this case, hot air rework station, lots of flux, test it when it's done and buy 2x as many parts as you need. It's for a test board, not for anything going to customers, that stuff will eventually be done in a multi zone reflow oven.

And I misworded the above. I've got my tech doing this for me, not the other way around :)

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

The chip above is a NXP/Freescale "KL03" ARM microcontroller.

The number of conspiracy theories online about this chip is hilariously depressing. Apparently MH370 was downed in order to kill off a bunch of engineers/shareholders and give Rothschild the patents to the KL03, which is apparently the critical part in some radar cloaking device or something.

They don't list the radar cloaking peripheral in the datasheet next to the timers/UARTs/whatever though. We're chasing low power on this design and if there's a microwave transceiver on the chip somewhere, that's gonna suck a bunch of power, I gotta make sure that's turned off :)

The chip above is a NXP/Freescale "KL03" ARM microcontroller.

The number of conspiracy theories online about this chip is hilariously depressing. Apparently MH370 was downed in order to kill off a bunch of engineers/shareholders and give Rothschild the patents to the KL03, which is apparently the critical part in some radar cloaking device or something.

They don't list the radar cloaking peripheral in the datasheet next to the timers/UARTs/whatever though. We're chasing low power on this design and if there's a microwave transceiver on the chip somewhere, that's gonna suck a bunch of power, I gotta make sure that's turned off :)

the microwave chip is powered with a zero-point energy generator. You dont have to worry about it.

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
My tech at work loves me. "Here, solder this."

dNzj5TR.png

That part is a 2.0 x 1.6mm package, solder balls are 0.4mm apart.
I'd fuck it up beyond recognition :( Made a bit of a mess of the stereo TRS 1/4s but it's working.. that soldering set you suggested works really well, i realised when i was tinning a fat cable, way quicker and better, thanks gee(jus):p

• Gravy
Reactions: gee
the microwave chip is powered with a zero-point energy generator. You dont have to worry about it.
Read a pretty fascinating book about that shit written by a guy who used to write for Janes. I'm pretty sure that its tinfoil shit, but I recall the shit in the book was pretty well written.

https://www.amazon.com/Hunt-Zero-Po...497482396&sr=8-1&keywords=hunt+for+zero+point
For the last 15 years, Cook has been an aviation reporter and editor at Jane's Defence Weekly, a defense industry trade journal that one would expect to find Cheney and Rumsfeld discussing on the way to the briefing room. A full-length project from a high-ranking Jane's editor creates a certain confidence in the contents, yet, as Cook makes clear, most of what's in this book won't be found in Jane's, as the evidence for "zero point energy" is less concrete, even if just as scrupulously sourced here.

The book begins when Cook jokingly calls the possibility of antigravity drives "the ultimate quantum leap in aircraft design" in one of his Jane's pieces more than 10 years ago. A few years later, someone anonymously slips him an article, dating to the 1950s, that shows officials at Lockheed Martin and other big contractors claiming they were close to exactly that. Intrigued, Cook takes the bait and follows the trail to the wildest territory imaginable: destroyed or pulled reports; disappearing battleships; silent, glowing flying discs; time distortion; Nazi slave labor.

To simplify in the extreme: Cook has found evidence that Nazi scientists had tapped into zero point energy the quantum energy that possibly exists within vacuums in amounts that make nuclear energy look like a joke (enough energy in the space of a coffee cup, Cook explains, to boil the world's oceans six times over). When WWII ended, Nazi secrets were plundered by the U.S. Army, which spirited them, along with many of the German scientists themselves, into "black" programs not acknowledged by the government and which may have produced working aerospace technology based on zero point. Through his cover as a Jane's reporter, Cook seeks out the stealthy wonks of this top-secret world, but readers will have to wade through some opaque thumbnail descriptions of the science and arcane WWII history to understand what he and others are getting at. It is well worth it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Duke