Ontopic Random Computer-Electronics Thread

oh neat

usually I would see places like that bid for enormous contracts because they were native owned businesses then they'd subcontract to ITT or general dynamics or some other big name

oh neat

usually I would see places like that bid for enormous contracts because they were native owned businesses then they'd subcontract to ITT or general dynamics or some other big name

we have special requirements that basically require a corporation to be stood up specifically for our needs. That said, if GD could fit that bill (they cant, its too big for them), i wouldnt mind. All the GD folks ive worked with over the years have been pretty solid.

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
yeah I've never had problems with them beyond them being very protective of roles on a network. they have a habit of thinking the E&I portion of a contract gives them authority to dictate the O&M portion belonging to another company. they're not entirely wrong but it can cause a lot of friction

All our users have admin on their computers :eek: and can install whatever programs they feel like (this is policy from the CTO) :eek::eek:

Also I think I discovered that group policy might be broken on all windows 7 workstations prob for the past couple months :eek::eek:

Some of the passwords we use on our servers.

Guys

They're so bad that just saying how bad they are is prob giving too much info for opsec purposes. :eek:

We literally have a pic of a dumpster fire that says "Welcome to *company*" that we send around in our group chat.

On the flip side I'm learning a shit ton, my boss doesn't micromanage and my resume now has windows sys admin on it. :cool:

Some of the passwords we use on our servers.

Guys

They're so bad that just saying how bad they are is prob giving too much info for opsec purposes. :eek:

12345? The same combination an asshole uses on his luggage?

[GIPHY="Spaceballs"]https://media3.giphy.com/media/PXGvUV7Znz5wQ/giphy.gif[/GIPHY]

We literally have a pic of a dumpster fire that says "Welcome to *company*" that we send around in our group chat.

On the flip side I'm learning a shit ton, my boss doesn't micromanage and my resume now has windows sys admin on it. :cool:
and do you not have the power to fix any of these things due your CTO being a colossal idiot?

and do you not have the power to fix any of these things due your CTO being a colossal idiot?
They were going to take away admin from users starting with Windows 10 but then it turned out that they can't get our homegrown java based apps to work without admin lol.

That should be fixed before anything else, imo
lol yeah i noticed this like 30 min before I left for 4 days off

I did atleast tell my coworkers before I peaced out for the weekend.

Basically any win 7 box I run gpresult on, the GPOs come back as "Inaccessible empty or disabled" and there is an AD/Sysvol mismatch (sysvol is always 65535 which means the computer isn't able to read it).

At first I was thinking it was this: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb...ecurity-update-for-group-policy-june-14,-2016

but I helped them fix that last year when I was on helpdesk(and prob the #1 reason I'm on the team now).

Plus I think this has only been going on for 2 months, right before I joined the team, as I remember one of my coworkers on helpdesk running into this issue on a computer he was trying to fix.

Gotta find out what changed 2 months ago when I get in on Tuesday.

• Gravy
8.1 and 10 boxes are unaffected, their results come back fine. One thing I was reading on the bus ride home yesterday says this might just be a windows 7 bug and in fact gp is applying correctly. I'll have to test that on tuesday as well.

• Gravy