WTF Rachel Canning is suing her parents for the love and support her parents refuse to pr

There are some caveats on this. The parents can't claim the child on income taxes for that year or the previous year depending on when you apply. Also when it's tied to the FAFSA even if the parents don't claim the child it's up to each agency or school's financial administrator if they will accept the applications without the parental info. It's all a case by case basis.
Confirmed. I used to work in undergrad admissions. We would reject all applications for students under 25 that didn't contain parental information as "Improperly filled out." Had to get death certificates if they were deceased, had to get affidavits if they were independent.

Last edited:
Several places, including my FORMER bank, have given me the brush off because I want to do everything in person. I have never had a cell phone, and I wont make commitments on the phone or through email.

You are on an island honestly. I feel like I'm on an island, even social services wants to send me SMS messages (despite the fact Im broke they think I have a smart phone?). My landline rings and I get "Madison County DSS has tried to send you a SMS message"

You're on a computer with the internet right now fucko. Get your self a Google voice number

You're on a computer with the internet right now fucko. Get your self a Google voice number
Were you brought up stupid or just born that way?

I'm not making potentially LIFE ALTERING DECISIONS, WITH A GOVERNMENT AGENCY or anyone for that matter, via SMS MESSAGE.

Last edited:
You say that, but how will you feel when your little cunt-muppet can't get a student loan or work-study for college because FAFSA says you make too much money.
They will figure it out the same way I did when fafsa told me the exact same thing. I paid 100% of my college out of pocket.

They will figure it out the same way I did when fafsa told me the exact same thing. I paid 100% of my college out of pocket.
Was that back in the depths of time when college was at least moderately affordable?

Don't make me drag out the tuition vs. inflation chart...

I got paid to go to school, with scholarships.

tuition vs. inflation charts are irrelevant.

Student loans and grants were never designed to keep costs down. ONLY to help students pay whatever the tuition was. the easy access to loans and grants are what facilitates the increase in tuition & room and board.

Student loans and grants were never designed to keep costs down. ONLY to help students pay whatever the tuition was. the easy access to loans and grants are what facilitates the increase in tuition & room and board.

Wait, showing how tuition has far outpaced inflation is an irrelevant fact? No one argued as to why it happened, just that it did.

You know what? I agree with you (about loans and grants). The charts are as relevant as ever.

Now, make student loans dischargeable in bankruptcy, and we'll see just how inaccessible those loans become, and then how quickly tuitions come back in line.

Was that back in the depths of time when college was at least moderately affordable?

Don't make me drag out the tuition vs. inflation chart...

I got paid to go to school, with scholarships.
I attended classes at 3 colleges between 1999-2007 and graduated from 2 of them. So before college costs got ridiculous I guess.

No grants/scholarships as I had a c+ average and am a white male.

My uni cost $25k per/y in 1990. Costs have been outrageous for a long time unless you go to a state school paying in state tuition.

:fly:

My bachelor's might have been $20k, if you count room and board (IIRC, it was 1200/semester for 12 hours, and I did 4.5 years). My MS was only $8k.

approximately 55k lost on bachelors, because i was a complete fucktard and spent 2 years failing classes at a university i didnt want to be at.

0 for masters #1 and 0 for MBA though.

Still doesnt equal out fucktardery

approximately 55k lost on bachelors, because i was a complete fucktard and spent 2 years failing classes at a university i didnt want to be at.

I didn't foot the bill for any of what either of my degrees cost.

You? I don't believe this at all.

That was before he relinquished his grip on humanity and completed the transition to cybernetic organism. Now he's just a metal endoskeleton with an outer layer of living tissue.

My uni cost $25k per/y in 1990. Costs have been outrageous for a long time unless you go to a state school paying in state tuition.

$57,450 per year at where I used to work for undergrad. That puts a $229,800 price tag on a shitty BA