WTF Rachel Canning is suing her parents for the love and support her parents refuse to pr

$57,450 per year at where I used to work for undergrad. That puts a $229,800 price tag on a sh*tty BA

That's full cost, with tuition, boarding, food, books, etc. Commuting would shave at least $40k off of that total. Loyola New Orleans is almost $50k.

That's full cost, with tuition, boarding, food, books, etc. Commuting would shave at least $40k off of that total. Loyola New Orleans is almost $50k.
Tuition $38970 (doesn't include program fees, health fees, processing fees). I dont see how commuting would shave $40k off base tuition.

That is the cheaper side of private education. Cornell is $45130 for base tuition.

Last edited:
rachel moves back home.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-03-12-18-01-36

" ROSELAND, N.J. (AP) -- The New Jersey honor student who sued to get her parents to support her after she moved out of their home has reunited with them, and the family is now asking for privacy.
Rachel Canning moved back in with her parents after speaking with her mother Tuesday, but without any promises of financial support or other consideration, according to lawyers for the teen and her parents."

Tuition $38970 (doesn't include program fees, health fees, processing fees). I dont see how commuting would shave $40k off base tuition.

That is the cheaper side of private education. Cornell is $45130 for base tuition.

Housing and meals are $14k per year. Most of that is housing. That's approximately $60k for a 4 year degree just for housing and food. I'd say commuting instead would shave off $40k.

Housing and meals are $14k per year. Most of that is housing. That's approximately $60k for a 4 year degree just for housing and food. I'd say commuting instead would shave off $40k.

32%

38970/57450
(0.68*100)-100

It would be more helpful if you found some caselaw on post majority support. I found one case from MA where the parents where required to pay support till 21, but the child was disabled or something.

Last edited:
There's NO WAY that her friend's father was footing her lawyer fees without something in return! Hm!

lol. why do you think she moved home. The court just told her (& her lawyer cash source) that her parents didn't have to cough up the lawyer fees past, present, or future.

Of course BFF's daddy cut her off.

I'd be willing to bet all that cash that Rachie now blames her bff and her bff's dad for not being able to give her what she wants.