R.I.P. Crocodile Hunter

b_sinning

Erect Member
Nov 22, 2004
Savannah, GA
Marklar
₥10
Not sure if any of you heard this but Steve Irwin was killed by stingray this weekend.

"Friend John Stainton said he had viewed footage of his friend's last moments and the images were "shocking".

"It's a very hard thing to watch because you're actually witnessing somebody die ... and it's terrible," he said.

"It shows that Steve came over the top of the ray and the tail came up, and spiked him here (in the chest), and he pulled it out and the next minute he's gone. "

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,20349888-2,00.html?from=public_rss

That must have been one hardcore stingray. I've always had a some respect for this crazy fool that would tackle and molest some of natures fiercest animals without a second thought. We all knew he would die somehow like this but still suprisingto hear it happen.

thumbe97ce4821dddaa5be955c4a6dec33687pe4.gif

this made me cry yesterday. i think it's horrible. he was passionate and provided the world with good works. i just can't stop feeling horrible about this. :(

Arátoeldar said:
Steve Irwin gets no sympathies from from me. He took too many stupid chances. However my :heart: does go out his wife, his two children, relatives, and friends.
and a lot of those chances involved saving animals' lives, but okay

Its not like you didnt see it coming. Play with deadly animals equals death. I mean if he was playing with a croc and then BAM cancer, that would be sad.

BeeRad said:
Its not like you didnt see it coming. Play with deadly animals equals death. I mean if he was playing with a croc and then BAM cancer, that would be sad.
So when a soldier is killed in war it shouldn't be sad since we should have seen it coming?

Or a fire fighter that dies in a building fire?

come on now

the man was a professional that basically died at work - it's a tragedy

those sting rays aren't even that aggressive - it was a freak accident imo

Last edited:
BeeRad said:
He wasn't playing with a deadly animal, he was swimming over a sting ray. He was purposely filming "soft stories" on coral reefs for his daughter's show. The ray was buried in the sand. He probably didn't know it was there till he swam over it.

I just recently lost someone last week and it is sad but seriously come on now. The guy played with deadly animals for a living, give me a break

BeeRad said:

Dying is sad no matter how it happens... unless you commit suicide. amirite?

Just because he was more daring than the rest of us doesn't mean we should knock him for it.

I admire that about him, I tried getting close to a gator once... wanted to tackle it too.