R.I.P. Crocodile Hunter

elpmis said:
Everyone lives their lives with a certain degree danger - some are just more obvious than others.

Personally, I would have loved Steve Irwin's job - instead I opt'd to sit at a desk all day for the rest of my life. But hey, I'm being safe for the kids, right? Give me a fucking break here folks.

edit: be safe for your kids so they can be safe for their kids and they can be safe for their kids ...

you get the point

No because I dont feel at all bad for him dying "doing what he loved". Since that is what he chose to do with the huge amout of risk than it is his choice. One of my best friends died racing a car years back, he died doing what he loved and yes I feel it was a selfish risk. No matter how you look at this he was killed by a creature of the wild doing what he loved which was very riskful. I dont feel bad for that and why should I?

BeeRad said:
No because I dont feel at all bad for him dying "doing what he loved". Since that is what he chose to do with the huge amout of risk than it is his choice. One of my best friends died racing a car years back, he died doing what he loved and yes I feel it was a selfish risk. No matter how you look at this he was killed by a creature of the wild doing what he loved which was very riskful. I dont feel bad for that and why should I?
I don't care how you feel about it man, I was saying we should be respectful.

elpmis said:
The man was from Australia, and obviously the worst thing we could do is get into a semantics argument, his professional career was dealing with all animals. So wild to you, or even a zoo, may not be so wild to him.

Think of it this way, he has probably dealt with thousands of wild animals in his lifetime (and he was only 44) and a docile ass stingray killed him. Aren't there fancy scuba trips available where you can swim with sting rays? I mean seriously now, his death was an accident, and should only be viewed as such. I think if he had died throwing a football at a wild bear we could talk shit. But he didn't, and I'm not.

I have my PADI scuba license. But that doesn't mean I would go swimming near were they were known to live. That means with in four to six feet of them or the floor of the ocean of where they might be.

When My father was stationed at Ft. Sill Oklahoma. I loved to drive out to the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge to hike and watch the wildlife. On the refuge are bison. Bison are pretty docile animals but that doesn't mean I was going up to one and pet it.

Arátoeldar said:
I have my PADI scuba license. But that doesn't mean I would go swimming near were they were known to live. That means with in four to six feet of them or the floor of the ocean of where they might be.

When My father was stationed at Ft. Sill Oklahoma. I loved to drive out to the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge to hike and watch the wildlife. On the refuge are bison. Bison are pretty docile animals but that doesn't mean I was going up to one and pet it.
That's you, that wasn't Steve Irwin.

edit: That was also his life, and we can't understand that passion.

BeeRad said:
I just want to add that if someone you know is passionate about something, and it makes them happy - you've got to accept that risks involved in what they do, or you should stop knowing them before you get attached.

steve was not just doing this because he wanted to show off or be a daredevil. he put his life at risk for the benefit of educating others. people in numerous countries kill wildlife all the time because they don't understand the benefits of the critters. steve was working very passionately and very hard to try to get others to understand, respect, and learn how to live with wildlife in a shared environment. he was not simply doing these shows to make money or to be a wild ass. he was a teacher, an instructor, and that should be enough to be respected.

elpmis said:
I don't care how you feel about it man, I was saying we should be respectful.

Not being suprised and hurt that he died is disrespectful? You guys immediately jumped on me for saying that we should have seen it coming. I bet every single one of you watched his shows durning at least 1 episode and said "wow thats crazy". So give me a break on me being disrespectful, I am just saying what everyone has once thought. Now that it has happened yes it is sad for his family and my prayers are with them, but thats it man

Last edited:
Drool-Boy said:
The man lived and died doing exactly what he wanted to do, you have to respect him for that.

Agreed. How many of us can say we are that happy about our lives as he was.

elpmis said:
I bet he's pissed it was only a sting ray :(
Point is he fully expected to leave this world doing something like this. Sucks and all but at least he went out like a man and living his dream.

BeeRad said:
Not being suprised and hurt that he died is disrespectful? You guys immediately jumped on me for saying that we should have seen it coming. I bet every single one of you watched his shows durning at least 1 episode and said "wow thats crazy". So give me a break on me being disrespectful, I am just saying what everyone has once thought. Now that it has happened yes it is sad for his family and my prayers are with them, but thats it man
go back and read your posts

you were belittling the incident, don't lie - saying it would have only been sad if his death was non related to his profession, etc. croc ringworm?

i'm sorry if I jumped on your a bit, I just wanted to make sure you weren't talking out your ass - and you aren't, it seems you are a little heartless when it comes to death of those you don't know

hey man, it's cool, we all had tough up bringings, it effects us all in different ways

FlyNavy said:
Point is he fully expected to leave this world doing something like this. Sucks and all but at least he went out like a man and living his dream.
agreed

I'm just saying he probably would have been more into dying while trying to save a croc - but then again he was so skilled at that, that it probably would have never happened. Hence he dies in a freak accident with a random ass sting ray doing random ass shit

elpmis said:
agreed

I'm just saying he probably would have been more into dying while trying to save a croc - but then again he was so skilled at that, that it probably would have never happened. Hence he dies in a freak accident with a random ass sting ray doing random ass shit

The random ass shit is why they are called wild animals bud :(

elpmis said:
go back and read your posts

you were belittling the incident, don't lie - saying it would have only been sad if his death was non related to his profession, etc. croc ringworm?

i'm sorry if I jumped on your a bit, I just wanted to make sure you weren't talking out your ass - and you aren't, it seems you are a little heartless when it comes to death of those you don't know

hey man, it's cool, we all had tough up bringings, it effects us all in different ways

You are right in your posts and just because I disagree with some of them doesnt make them wrong. I think it is because of dealing with alot of close deaths this year it has made me colder to non-related deaths. I mean the guy died doing what he loved, awesome but I dont feel the need to cry over it. And I dont mean that in a bad way at all, I just dont really feel bad for him. Why should you if he died doing what he loved? As most of you said that is more than any of us so why be sad over his death?