R.I.P. Crocodile Hunter

BeerAd

Flaccid Member
Aug 15, 2005
13,322
2
0
39
Largo, Florida
Marklar
₥0
elpmis said:
So when a soldier is killed in war it shouldn't be sad since we should have seen it coming?

Or a fire fighter that dies in a building fire?

come on now

the man was a professional that basically died at work - it's a tragedy

those sting rays aren't even that agressive - it was a freak accident imo

Doing things to save peoples lives or fighting for your country is a tad different than jumping onto a croc's back to see if it might have ringworm
 

simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,258
14
533
^_^
Marklar
₥5
BeeRad said:
I just recently lost someone last week and it is sad but seriously come on now. The guy played with deadly animals for a living, give me a break
It would hit closer to home if you knew Steve Irwin personally, but you didn't so we shouldn't hate or even judge at all.

I think the media sort of portaited this guy as a wild animal chasing australian psycho (thanks south park), but in reality he was either aiding crocs that were caught out of their element or informing the public of beautiful creatures that were otherwised shunned by humans because of their 'dangerousness'. Now he gets clipped by a sting ray and all we are going to hear is 'he shouldn't have been messin' with it' and that sort of non thought out comment is going to give this great man a bad rap.

shameful.
 

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
103,360
38,053
1,823
Houston
Marklar
₥59,346
BeeRad said:
Doing things to save peoples lives or fighting for your country is a tad different than jumping onto a croc's back to see if it might have ringworm


I'm not understanding your correlation on how one life is more important than another life.
 

simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,258
14
533
^_^
Marklar
₥5
BeeRad said:
Doing things to save peoples lives or fighting for your country is a tad different than jumping onto a croc's back to see if it might have ringworm
Be honest here, you don't really know much about the work he did.
 

simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,258
14
533
^_^
Marklar
₥5
Arátoeldar said:
I will give Steve mad props for his passion of wildlife conservation. But they are wild animals for a reason. Even the animals in the zoo or circus have some wild in them.
The man was from australia, and obviously the worst thing we could do is get into a semantics arguement, his professional career was dealing with all animals. So wild to you, or even a zoo, may not be so wild to him.

Think of it this way, he has probably dealt with thousands of wild animals in his lifetime (and he was only 44) and a docile ass stingray killed him. Aren't there fancy scuba trips available where you can swim with sting rays? I mean seriously now, his death was an accident, and should only be viewed as such. I think if he had died throwing a football at a wild bear we could talk shit. But he didn't, and I'm not.
 

BeerAd

Flaccid Member
Aug 15, 2005
13,322
2
0
39
Largo, Florida
Marklar
₥0
elpmis said:
It would hit closer to home if you knew Steve Irwin personally, but you didn't so we shouldn't hate or even judge at all.

I think the media sort of portaited this guy as a wild animal chasing australian psycho (thanks south park), but in reality he was either aiding crocs that were caught out of their element or informing the public of beautiful creatures that were otherwised shunned by humans because of their 'dangerousness'. Now he gets clipped by a sting ray and all we are going to hear is 'he shouldn't have been messin' with it' and that sort of non thought out comment is going to give this great man a bad rap.

shameful.

I never hated, I just am not going to be upset over someones death that I didnt know. If I have a wife and kids I am not going to go jump out of an airplane or wrestle a deadly snake to milk its poison. Sure he died from a freak accident but I mean it is bound to happen when you put yourself in harms way daily.
 

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
34,396
464
648
45
Austin
Marklar
₥663
Fuck Steve Irwin. The jerk chose to go swimming, and he deserved a hollow toxin-injecting barb through the heart.
 

simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,258
14
533
^_^
Marklar
₥5
BeeRad said:
I never hated, I just am not going to be upset over someones death that I didnt know. If I have a wife and kids I am not going to go jump out of an airplane or wrestle a deadly snake to milk its poison. Sure he died from a freak accident but I mean it is bound to happen when you put yourself in harms way daily.
You should have just stopped your post there, otherwise you are still trying to make two points.

1. you don't get upset when people you don't know die, that's fine.

2. people who you perceive to put their lives at risk daily shouldn't have a wife and kids

I don't have the time to argue that people should be allowed to do what they want in their lives, and that qualified professionals aren't necessarily as much at risk as you think. It's kind of like a guy with kids owning a motorcycle. What if he's owned that motorcycle for years and is a great rider. He didn't see the mom in the van that took his life, etc. etc. It happens. The motorcycle guy wasn't an idiot, and he loved his family, just like Steve Irwin was a trained pro and loved his family too. hell, he met his wife doing what he did when he lost his life. His family all knew about his career and chose to accept it and stand by him. His daughter was the host of the show they were filming for. Anyways, he died, I'm not saying you should send his family a card, I'm just saying be respectful. Just like I don't know you too well, when the IRS shows up at your door for not paying taxes and you go to jail, and maybe you get shanked in prison, I would be greatly upset for you - never having met you. I would also be very respectful - despite knowing full well you lived a dangerous lifestyle yourself.
 
Last edited:

BeerAd

Flaccid Member
Aug 15, 2005
13,322
2
0
39
Largo, Florida
Marklar
₥0
elpmis said:
You should have just stopped your post there, otherwise you are still trying to make two points.

1. you don't get upset when people you don't know die, that's fine.

2. people who you perceive to put their lives at risk daily shouldn't have a wife and kids

I don't have the time to argue that people should be allowed to do what they want in their lives, and that qualified professionals aren't necessarily as much at risk as you think. It's kind of like a guy with kids owning a motorcycle. What if he's owned that motorcycle for years and is a great rider. He didn't see the mom in the van that took his life, etc. etc. It happens. The motorcycle guy wasn't an idiot, and he loved his family, just like Steve Irwin was a trained pro and loved his family too. hell, he met his wife doing what he did when he lost his life. His family all knew about his career and chose to accept it and stand by him. His daughter was the host of the show they were filming for. Anyways, he died, I'm not saying you should send his family a card, I'm just saying be respectful. Just like I don't know you too well, when the IRS shows up at your door for not paying taxes and you go to jail, and maybe you get shanked in prison, I would be greatly upset for you - never having met you. I would also be very respectful - despite knowing full well you lived a dangerous lifestyle yourself.

Ouch :fly:
 

simple

Giant Member
Sep 30, 2004
12,258
14
533
^_^
Marklar
₥5
BeeRad said:
Everyone lives their lives with a certain degree danger - some are just more obvious than others.

Personally, I would have loved Steve Irwin's job - instead I opt'd to sit at a desk all day for the rest of my life. But hey, I'm being safe for the kids, right? Give me a fucking break here folks.

edit: be safe for your kids so they can be safe for their kids and they can be safe for their kids ...

you get the point