Professional email etiquette

theacoustician said:
Actually, his excuse is he probably is using a program like AutoCAD where it is standard to write in all caps. It helps keep people from confusing "l" and "1" and stuff like that.

This is the reason I hate the Ariel font and only compose work emails in plain text. That way nobody complains about bad html code, bad spacing, etc.

ERage said:
This is the reason I hate the Ariel font and only compose work emails in plain text. That way nobody complains about bad html code, bad spacing, etc.
Rich text and HTML mail is the devil.

fly said:
I love when I get the question, "How come my email looked weird in your reply?"

CAUSE I TURN OFF YOUR CUET FONT AND KITTY BACKGROUND FUCKER

Check this one out from our Asst. Director of IT:

CSIT_CutsyStationary.JPG

Fat Burger said:
I love the "WHY IS MY PC SO SLOW????????" emails, when at the bottom they say "Click here for 10,000 free emoticons!"
I hate it when someone emails me something like "hey", but the email is still long as shit because they have a 30 line signature. Stupid fuckers, quit trying to justify your position within the company by adding 9 or 10 buzz words to your job title in hopes to look important, you're a goddamn paper pushing mother fucker and if you were worth a shit then you wouldn't be fucking emailing me, your secretary would. And if you had a clue you'd know that the high rollers don't even have a fucking sig, like our sector pres. Charles Witten, who will email you a long ass important email and only sign it "chuck" - that dude makes like a half a mil a year, there's no need in attempting to lengthen his penis via email sig like Laquanda does in Human Resources

elpmis said:
I hate it when someone emails me something like "hey", but the email is still long as shit because they have a 30 line signature. Stupid fuckers, quit trying to justify your position within the company by adding 9 or 10 buzz words to your job title in hopes to look important, you're a goddamn paper pushing mother fucker and if you were worth a shit then you wouldn't be fucking emailing me, your secretary would. And if you had a clue you'd know that the high rollers don't even have a fucking sig, like our sector pres. Charles Witten, who will email you a long ass important email and only sign it "chuck" - that dude makes like a half a mil a year, there's no need in attempting to lengthen his penis via email sig like Laquanda does in Human Resources

Yeah I got an email from this new fucktwat the other day and he included his green belt in some shit in the list of certifications

I think he works in the same group as the colonswabber that always put 'wah-lah!' in his emails

ChikkenNoodul said:
Yeah I got an email from this new fucktwat the other day and he included his green belt in some shit in the list of certifications

I think he works in the same group as the colonswabber that always put 'wah-lah!' in his emails
that's turbo gay

Happens to me too... I make it that persons fault who did it first and didn't tell anyone about it.

HORRIBEL COMMUNICATION = U R FIRED TURD

The only person I get emails from is my mother.

Today, I've gotten 82 emails from her.

Of course we use email like AIM and talk all day, but still.

:fly:

I get about 3-500 emails a day. I have to read each one and most (75%) of the time action or pass to someone to else to do it. It sucks. I hate it when someone replys to all with "thanks". Just say thanks to the person who sends it too you!! Plus someone though that my use of ! was rude. I explained that it was to mark something as urgent and NOT rude. Its not like I was saying ASAP!!!!!!!!!! It was more like this rail car is going to the wrong port! Kind of important....duh!

If I work on something that has other people cc'd in the email (or I'm the cc and know no one else got to it yet) I 'reply all'.

I save every email I get - as evidence and documentation. I am such a geek I some times email myself something that I need to remember or code scripts.

I file all my emails into specific folders and can't stand unread mail. Obviously I have my emails saved off the mail server.

I am a pure text kinda girl and don't like getting those colorful busy emails like that pink one shown about - yuck. Any thing to speed performance of the pc up works for me. My background on my PC is black and no screen saver.

I wont answer an instant message or an email when you can ask me in person. Most of the time these people are within 50 feet of me, and its not going to hurt them to get up and talk to me. Its quicker.

One of my peeves of email is people who forward mail that has been bounced and bounced 10 times before coming to me forceing me to read the entire thread from the beginning to figure out what they are asking about. This is especially annoying when someone tells you to request something and its forwarded to me with simply "so can it be done" or similar question. Write the paragraph asking the question correctly, and if its been forwarded more than 4 times cut the rest of the replys out and make a summary apart of your paragraph.