Hawt Prime Day is coming

Is the dot enough for what you are doing, or would you rather have gone with the larger Echo model?
Dot is plenty. Bonus that i can hook it up to whatever speakers i want. I pipe it to varying places in the house depending where i am. Since its a plugged device, its bluetooth range is really solid.

Google home on sale right now for 74. Thats a solid deal.

Although i am concerned that google is gonna abandon the home in like 6 months like they do everything these days.

At least the echo has a rich developer community

Google home on sale right now for 74. Thats a solid deal.

Although i am concerned that google is gonna abandon the home in like 6 months like they do everything these days.

At least the echo has a rich developer community

Yeah, i recently heard that Home seems to have more saturation in the market but the Alphabet's history of dumping programs and projects is problematic.

the one I got was refurbished but yeah, still pricey :/ but I need a whole horsepower to mutilate all these innocent pineapples
e487496b8e3cceb151842e36840f4161.jpg

Yeah, i recently heard that Home seems to have more saturation in the market but the Alphabet's history of dumping programs and projects is problematic.
That seems unlikely since Amazon had like a 18 month head start, and a device at less than $50. Pretty sure Amazon is winning that battle.

also, despite claims, i cant find for the life of me if users are able to develop for it. Thats the echo's biggest strength (as well as smartthings). A user-developed ecosystem of all kinds of cool stuff.

It benefits amazon cause they get free "apps" for their device, and it benefits the user because it expands the use case for the device.

That's what I want, but sooo expensive!
I've got a Breville "hemisphere control", cost a couple hundred bucks but it's a decent machine. Can recommend.

Also check craigslist. There's a Vitamix going for $250 CAD here on Kijiji, which is pretty much Canada's craigslist.

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
I've got a Breville "hemisphere control", cost a couple hundred bucks but it's a decent machine. Can recommend.

Also check craigslist. There's a Vitamix going for $250 CAD here on Kijiji, which is pretty much Canada's craigslist.
OoooOooo that's a good idea!