POW POW POW

d*mn, that's a screaming price.

No sh*t.

I had a real "wtf" moment. Examined the bore, chamber, ramp, spring assembly, everything. It's grungy as hell, but mechanically and physically it's in perfect shape. Not a scratch on it except for a few on one of the mags. I made a mental note to come back after I had very quickly checked a few more tables (I had just gotten there and the gun show is massive). I knew the price couldn't be beat, but you never know. A 4" full-size .45 ACP with 13-round mags and all original gear for $375? Forget about it.

The very second I returned to buy it a dude walked up behind me with a fistful of cash. He was furious, but that's the breaks. One second too slow. Anyway, yeah it was an awesome deal. 250 rounds of Remington UMC for $75 made the day that much better.

Also .308 ammo is expensive, always has been, and the recoil on G3-ish rifles is unique. Also you cant take them apart and rebuild them easily (they are tack welded together). Same thing goes for L1A1 clones. I think knyte had a FAiL once :p
Actually, the FN-FAL (L1A1 is similar enough) is fairly easy to take apart and re-build if necessary.

Nothing is tack-welded, and granted they are not as easy as an AR-15 clone because you need a serious vice to hold the receiver when wrenching the barrel on, but that's something more people have than the appropriate press to install a barrel on an AK for example.

The G3's, I know nothing about, except that I've heard the same reports as you on all of those clowns 'maufacturing' them.

Tell me about it. :(

Shooting is a luxurious past time now. The funny thing is that prices have actually come DOWN quite a bit.

ah.jpg