Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an integral part of the new godless religion. Earth is dying, we have sinned.
If she is so concerned about Gaia she should stop flying to global symposiums to shriek.
Huge carbon monoxide footprint.
Carbon DIOXIDE is good. It's how plants breathe. They give us oxygen in return.
Her shrieking helps plants breathe. Keep shrieking. Stop wasting jet fuel.
goddamn you're dumb.

It's an integral part of the new godless religion. Earth is dying, we have sinned.
If she is so concerned about Gaia she should stop flying to global symposiums to shriek.
Huge carbon monoxide footprint.
Carbon DIOXIDE is good. It's how plants breathe. They give us oxygen in return.
Her shrieking helps plants breathe. Keep shrieking. Stop wasting jet fuel.
She fucking sailed to the UN in order to talk to them, you numpty. She doesn't fly unless there is no other method to get somewhere, and then she just usually doesn't go.

Fuck's sake.

• Gravy
Reactions: Hoff Kinkmeister
It's true, I've stopped polluting the watershed, as none of my cars currently has an active oil leak.

I don't have a swamp cooler anymore, but I did go with one of them 8 million SEER AC units, so it's actually only added like 300KWh/mo for about 3 months of the year.

I'd be going your route if/when I owned property. Likely never keep up with a/c demand here but should be able to run everything else.
Anything that changes temperature sucks juice but things like coffee maker, toaster, small microwave, etc. sit idle a lot and run little. Deep freeze doesn't kick on that often or for that long. Fridge moreso, that could be a juice sucker.
Have to see what my tv's draw. I leave them on all day for the pets so they not just sitting in utter silence for hours going stir crazy.
There's a YouTube channel that just plays birds and squirrels and things chirping and chattering and fluttering around. The one cat especially is mesmerized by it.

goddamn you're dumb.

She fucking sailed to the UN in order to talk to them, you numpty. She doesn't fly unless there is no other method to get somewhere, and then she just usually doesn't go.

Fuck's sake.

He’s trolling. Stop feeding the troll. He’s clearly stopped going to the 12% meetings he claimed to be going to.

He’s trolling. Stop feeding the troll. He’s clearly stopped going to the 12% meetings he claimed to be going to.
Yep. He comes on here, shits himself, and then claims victory when we point it out.

At the end of the day he's still covered in shit.

Really seems like a humiliation fetish.

He gives them bottled water.
Tearing Nancy Pelosi GIF by GIPHY News

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
So, you'd rather shoot the messenger than listen to the message.

I'm sure, based on that attitude, that you're out in the community in all of your free time, listening to the homeless, helping out with their struggles.

I've been quasi-homeless before, still had a car to sleep in as long as it didn't get towed or impounded but no actual home, etc.

There's a cycle where if you fall in it it's a real bitch to get out of. It's the one where you need a current id to rent an address or get a job but you need the address to get the id and you need the job to get the money to get the address to get the id to get the job to get the.....

Add on top of that most public services and programs and things are so full of red tape and just plain inconvenient or convoluted it can turn into a full day just chasing help, especially if you don't already have a car and are relying on bus routes and things, then you're busy doing that and unavailable to work, at least jobs that share the typical 8-5 hours the help places keep.

And that's just for folks who have their wits about them and are actively trying to get back above water. Throw in some mental problems or something and you got a real shit soup.

There's a church charity here that will keep mail for you and let you use their address as a physical address of record, so you can use that to get the current valid government issued id that causes a break in that cycle, so you can work your way out. They're on my Christmas list. I don't have rich guy level donations by any stretch but do peel them off some and always will. My "giving back" as it were. It's real actual effectual help for those that will take advantage of it and use that "hand up" to get back on the path (which is by no means all of them or even a majority sometimes but a physical address is a thing you absolutely can't do without to gain some level of independence and control over your own circumstances).

You learn quite a bit seeing that world from the inside so to speak. Can try to describe it to people as best you can but there's no way to really get it without experiencing it yourself.
A lot of folks visions of homelessness or the homeless community, regardless of politics, aren't real accurate when applied to how things work in the real world. Their ideas of causes, fixes, solutions, or who some of these people even are aren't either though there's plenty enough of all types of homeless, and causes of it, and solutions to it, to satisfy ones imagination or stereotypes whatever they may be.

The 1.25 liter ones Pepsi comes in at dollar general are fairly sturdy and the right shape to ride in the side pockets of most backpacks, or the cargo pockets of shorts/pants.
Most ones that fruit juice or fake fruit juice comes in are good sturdy plastic too. Usually more square or rectangle in shape. Good for riding inside the pack or shelf storage, etc.

The ones that the old lady's high dollar pomegranate juice comes in are pretty sturdy plastic too but they're shaped like a fat hourglass or two grapefruits piled on top each other or something and pretty much aren't good for shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.