Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
jesus, only 4 republicans turned in the senate on the 1/6 committee.

I mean, i guess thats expected since none of them voted to impeach the fucker when he did it.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
i read an interesting article that for his WV district, we should be damn glad to have him, as the alternative would be a qanon nutter, and that noone more progressive would stand a chance there.
Even though he's not your typical modern day democrat it's stunning to me he's been able to hold office being from West Virginia running as a democrat.

And not all democrats from red states are like Manchin, who is pretty much an old school R with a D. Jon Tester for one. Sometimes I hear him or read what he says and I can’t believe it’s someone elected in a Red state.

Looney in the neighborhood made themselves known today
They had a shiny new flag pole installed in their front yard
Has an upside down us flag on it with another below it that says "Biden is NOT my president!"

Proceed with caution

edit - the biden flag is oriented the correct way, in case anyone was wondering

Looney in the neighborhood made themselves known today
They had a shiny new flag pole installed in their front yard
Has an upside down us flag on it with another below it that says "Biden is NOT my president!"

Proceed with caution

edit - the biden flag is oriented the correct way, in case anyone was wondering
I'd sneak up some night and hang a pride flag

• Love
Reactions: wetwillie
Could always send a liberal in the back yard as a distraction then plant the whole f'n pole upside down.
I don't know why people think we would need to keep the same flag for hundreds of years. Lot of countries have changed their flags without a regime change.
Re: state's rights(total rabbit-trail) - why are States rights needed today? They seem to do nothing but cause trouble.

EeJxTG0XgAAFBiv.png

• Gravy
Can we talk about how *odd* it is that the folk who need guns to protect from governmental overreach (such as a police state) and find kneeling during the Anthem disrespectful have chosen to display defaced US flags to signal their outrage over police being held accountable?

• Gravy
I think anyone who hangs a US flag upside down as a symbol should be arrested or charged for whatever. Treat it as the equivalent of making a fake 911 call.

These idiots who say “So and so isn’t my president” don’t realize how unpatriotic that is. It was only the real silly lefties who said that about Trump. Most were “I hate him, but he’s the president for now, let’s get rid of him ASAP”, which is much the same attitude most righties had with president Obama.

Trump lowered the bar, man. And he brought a lot of dummies with him. I’d hate to see the Republican Party vaporize because we need two or more parties to make it work, but they’re smothering themselves with the rise of the Greenes and Gaetzes, etc.

Can you imagine how the insurrection of Jan 6 would be treated today if it had been the other way around? THAT’s the new R party. As long as they have elected people defending those actions, progress towards any sensible future will be limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.