Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
7cvz9dmy4by61.jpg

Jesus Christ. They've got kids failing at 10x the rate they did before remote learning, and the fucking superintendent wants to find a way to pat all the school employees on the back as if they've done yeoman's work offloading 50% of their job onto parents who were already stressed trying to deal with their own shit.

I hope when they figure out the checks, they come with participant trophies.

Jesus Christ. They've got kids failing at 10x the rate they did before remote learning, and the fucking superintendent wants to find a way to pat all the school employees on the back as if they've done yeoman's work offloading 50% of their job onto parents who were already stressed trying to deal with their own shit.

I hope when they figure out the checks, they come with participant trophies.
I'm biased because my wife is teaching virtually all year but I say fuck that, it's the virtual teachers who really took it up the butt(at least here). She's had to create so much friggin material because her district wouldn't buy some shit. We've cut 3 textbooks apart and had scanning parties, and scanned hundreds of printouts she brought home from work. All made into Google Docs because their "system" won't let her use PDFs. Easily $2k of additional time/money and infrastructure was needed here. She's already told her boss she either goes f2f next year or she retires next month. Looks like I'll have the place to myself in September :/ :)

In-school teachers had fewer students and ALL the usual infrastructure +.

I'm biased because my wife is teaching virtually all year but I say fuck that, it's the virtual teachers who really took it up the butt(at least here). She's had to create so much friggin material because her district wouldn't buy some shit. We've cut 3 textbook apart and had scanning parties, and hundreds of printouts she brought home from work. All made into Google Docs because their "system" won't let her use PDFs. Easily $2k of additional time/money and infrastructure was needed here. She's already told her boss she either goes f2f next year or she retires next month. Looks like I'll have the place to myself in September :/ :)

In-school teachers had fewer students and ALL the usual infrastructure +.
I get it, but everybody took it up the pooper, not just teachers. Comcast has been railing me for data overages for the last 15 months, I've lost countless hours fighting stupid ideas from teachers and children, my kids lost an entire year of useful instruction, there's no good that came out of any of it at all except to know that we've sold our souls to the company store.

I get it, but everybody took it up the pooper, not just teachers. Comcast has been railing me for data overages for the last 15 months, I've lost countless hours fighting stupid ideas from teachers and children, my kids lost an entire year of useful instruction, there's no good that came out of any of it at all except to know that we've sold our souls to the company store.
I totally get that part too. Some parents have been trying SOOOO hard. Other's have obviously checked out along with their kids. Kids log on in the morning - never heard from again except background sound if they forgot their mic on. She has heard some shit so bad the "officials" had to be brought in. And not just the school officials. ;)

The fact that republicans are blocking the formation of a commission to LOOK INTO the January 6th insurrection should be enough for any level-headed human to realize that they’re NOT good people and are firmly now the party of Drumph.

Matt Gaetz said it. They aren’t Bush Cheney Romney republicans anymore, they ARE the party of Drumph.

If these fuckers get more power, look out. And jeez, if they get it without further gerrymandering and/or election underhandedness, that’s even worse. In a generation, your kids will wonder what the heck happened to a country that was, at times, on a path to lead to prosperity and is now the poorest country on the planet. Because it will be.

Its fucking Ronnie Raygun’s fault. And now, he’s not even Republican enough either. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.