Ontopic Poo-litical Thrad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical Republican Governor. Double talk to hedge his bets on running for President.

Cliffs:

We're lifting restrictions in bars and restaurants, but you still have to maintain distance between tables and patrons.

K
we all know thats not gonna happen

Whats not happening?

Him running in 2024?

I bet it's a lock.
that people will socially distance. He absolutelyi s going to run.

And im ok with that. Sure, i wont vote for him, but itll be a return to decency where yeah, i disagree on some points, but those points arent "should democracy exist" and "fuck brown people"

ARP signed and on its way to the President. Note the conspicious lack of billions to cruise ship companies, or hotels, or oil companies.

The American Rescue Plan includes:

• $1,400 per-person checks to struggling Americans
  • $30 billion in rental and critical utilities assistance
  • Expansion of ACA tax credits
  • $20 billion for a national vaccination program
  • $50 billion for an expansion of testing
  • $25 billion in grants to help small restaurants remain open
  • $350 billion in direct support for state and local governments
  • $13 billion for nutrition programs
  • $10 billion to reauthorize the State Small Business Credit Initiative
  • Permanent increase of $130 million/year for child care assistance and expansion of the Earned Income Tax Credit & Child Tax Credit
  • $170 billion to help K-12 schools and higher ed institutions re-open
  • 100% fed reimbursement for FEMA resources
  • Extensions to COVID relief programs that offer supplemental unemployment benefits and expanded paid leave for workers affected by COVID
  • $30 billion for supplies and PPE for frontline workers
  • $5 billion for Americans experiencing homelessness

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
ARP signed and on its way to the President. Note the conspicious lack of billions to cruise ship companies, or hotels, or oil companies.

The American Rescue Plan includes:

• $1,400 per-person checks to struggling Americans
  • $30 billion in rental and critical utilities assistance
  • Expansion of ACA tax credits
  • $20 billion for a national vaccination program
  • $50 billion for an expansion of testing
  • $25 billion in grants to help small restaurants remain open
  • $350 billion in direct support for state and local governments
  • $13 billion for nutrition programs
  • $10 billion to reauthorize the State Small Business Credit Initiative
  • Permanent increase of $130 million/year for child care assistance and expansion of the Earned Income Tax Credit & Child Tax Credit
  • $170 billion to help K-12 schools and higher ed institutions re-open
  • 100% fed reimbursement for FEMA resources
  • Extensions to COVID relief programs that offer supplemental unemployment benefits and expanded paid leave for workers affected by COVID
  • $30 billion for supplies and PPE for frontline workers
  • $5 billion for Americans experiencing homelessness
$13 billion for nutrition programs is a waste. We'll always be a fat country.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
$13 billion for nutrition programs is a waste. We'll always be a fat country.
I watched a video called Easy breakfast casserole. It was glazed donuts covered in a can of evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, a cake mix and a cup of butter. Baked and then eaten. No part of that should be breakfast or really even dessert.

I watched a video called Easy breakfast casserole. It was glazed donuts covered in a can of evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, a cake mix and a cup of butter. Baked and then eaten. No part of that should be breakfast or really even dessert.
It's even better if you can add some browned pork sausage links. OMG :drool:

MEANWHILE, in reality: childhood obesity rates have been declining.

"Nutrition programs" probably means "making sure people have food to eat" anyway.
I hope some of it is spent on nutrient education, maybe some basic cooking. Too many poor-ish people buying shit food because it seems cheaper and easier. If they knew more they could have better nutrients and be just as full, for the same or less. And more variety. My son's household is a good example - he was taught better but his wife is generational poors. And thus goes the standards of the household.

When I was at my lowest budget between 2013-2017, I had a $1.33 per meal allowance. I could’ve ditched Hulu and had another 7¢ per meal I suppose.

I remember it being recommended that I use it all for beans and rice. Yep. Nutritious. Extremely boring too. Appetizing? Not so much.

That was the main reason when I was admitted to the hospital in 2019, I was estimated to be 65% malnourished.

It’s not always about poor choices. In some cases, yes, but that isn’t the majority of hunger cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.