Halp Politics, Politics, Politics... (Not THE abortion thread, but an abortion of a thread nonetheless)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have the right to bear arms.
You have the right to not vaccinate your kids.

You can't bring firearms into a school.
You can't bring unvaccinated children into a school.

you're right, gun free zones are just as ridiculous as forcing vaccinations and should be nixed as well.

You have the right to bear arms.
You have the right to not vaccinate your kids.

You can't bring firearms into a school.
You can't bring unvaccinated children into a school.
I don't have an issue with this.

That's where you folks are misconstruing my opinion. Everyone has the right to not get vaccinated. I also don't have a problem putting those that have not been vaccinated in a quarantine to keep them from spreading the disease.

but factually incorrect and therefore an opinion that isn't worth recognizing

when i was a teenager i was at a ranch and some guy brought his son (probably close to his teens) who had a severe reaction to vaccines when he was a baby and was seriously fucked up, both mentally and developmentally to ride around in a carriage. they say the odds are astronomical, but it happens. think that family wanted to vaccinate the rest of their kids? they probably should have, but i can understand why some don't and why it should be a choice.

Because people with measles won't follow that rule?

sick kids go to school all the time. even the vaccinated ones could give the cancer kid a lethal dose of the flu.

Which is why the flu vaccine should be mandatory :p
mega116.png

No. If someone has a different opinion than the majority they are wrong and their opinion doesn't matter. The government should force everyone to do exactly what it wants.

I'm with thintoast on this one. Vaccinations should not be required. (Yes all my kids are vaccinated).
I don't think they should be mandated k. the sense that medical gestapo shouldn't go into homes and hold you don't and force you to get it, but if someone is going to *choose* not to heed medical advice and facts, others who don't have such a choice shouldn't be put at risk because of that, and if either of those two groups should be quarantined and restricted from things, it should be those who choose to put themselves and others at risk, not those who don't have the choice.

I don't think they should be mandated k. the sense that medical gestapo shouldn't go into homes and hold you don't and force you to get it, but if someone is going to *choose* not to heed medical advice and facts, others who don't have such a choice shouldn't be put at risk because of that, and if either of those two groups should be quarantined and restricted from things, it should be those who choose to put themselves and others at risk, not those who don't have the choice.

slippery slippery slope... those who are at risk for diseases we've vaccinated against are also probably at high risk if they get anything else... with that line of thinking we should quarantine anyone with a common cold now?

AND THE SIMPLE ANSWER STILL IS DON'T LET ANYONE IN THE COUNTRY WHO'S NOT VACCINATED AGAINST DISEASES WE'VE ALREADY ERADICATED! this measles thing shouldn't even be an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.