Halp Politics, Politics, Politics... (Not THE abortion thread, but an abortion of a thread nonetheless)

Status
Not open for further replies.
what does that say about the people who believe it?

"rights" are imaginary social constructs that we invent. we can decide what is and isn't a right. the majority of the civilized world thinks that things like health care and education are basic human rights
A right is something that you can do, on your own, without anyone giving you anything to make it happen.

I have the right to choose
I have the right to bear arms
I have the right to voice my opinion
I have the right to feel safe in my own home

I have the right to do all of that. None of that is a privilege. I have the right to do it and I don't need anyone else to make it happen. The moment I rely on someone else to make something happen, it no longer becomes a right. It becomes a privilege.

Oh good. a THINK OF THE CHILDREN argument.

In my eyes, a child is no more or less important than an adult. A life is a life, end of story. Unfortunately that child may be raised by retarded parents who would rather put their susceptible child in school where they're going to encounter certain diseases and shit. That's a part of a civilized society, just like vaccinations are. If you can't go out during a medical scare such as this, you get home schooling. Get a tutor. Whatever you have to do to protect your child. Your child is your responsibility, not mine.

That's not where I was going. You had a penalty designed for someone who purposefully chose not to get vaccinated.

I'm asking what about someone (doesn't have to be a kid) who needs the vaccine but can't get it due to current medical conditions.

Oh good. a THINK OF THE CHILDREN argument.

In my eyes, a child is no more or less important than an adult. A life is a life, end of story. Unfortunately that child may be raised by retarded parents who would rather put their susceptible child in school where they're going to encounter certain diseases and shit. That's a part of a civilized society, just like vaccinations are. If you can't go out during a medical scare such as this, you get home schooling. Get a tutor. Whatever you have to do to protect your child. Your child is your responsibility, not mine.
Okay think of someone I know who has AIDS due to her cheating husband and her blood count isn't high enough to get the booster. Can I use her as an argument?

Oh wait, you're a stupid troll like your other EX buddy here. So I won't bother.

A right is something that you can do, on your own, without anyone giving you anything to make it happen.

I have the right to do all of that. None of that is a privilege. I have the right to do it and I don't need anyone else to make it happen. The moment I rely on someone else to make something happen, it no longer becomes a right. It becomes a privilege.
If you're a felon, you lose rights. So having rights is a privilege itself. :fly:

hah yeah, little children deserve to die am i rite bro?

i'm not sure where you're jumping to these conclusions? probably should ban kids from riding in cars too then, kills way more than the offhand chance you'll get measles from an unvaccinated kid. give people the choice, the dumb ones will catch it and die, the ones who can't vaccinate their kids are probably taking extra precautions anyways.

last i checked, any illness could be fatal to a kid actively going through leuk treatments. Duke, what's your expertise on this say?

should kids with runny noses be banned from school too because they might give the cancer kid something? (this is hypothetical of course, i think anyone who's sick should stay the fuck home but it's not realistic).

Not everywhere even if you have a permit :nev:

Plus we could argue about what the right to bear arms really meant when it was written and fuckmooks in the modern time have twisted it so we all have to worry about dumbasses carrying guns who shouldn't.

Yeah I can troll too....

that's a flaky definition of "right"

That's not where I was going. You had a penalty designed for someone who purposefully chose not to get vaccinated.

I'm asking what about someone (doesn't have to be a kid) who needs the vaccine but can't get it due to current medical conditions.
Then they take other measures to protect themselves. There's always a work around, it simply whether you expect everyone else to work around you or you work around the situation. Forcing others to do something like get a vaccine to protect the ones that can't get the vaccine is the truly selfish thing to do. I can't protect myself so I demand that you all protect me.

I'm sorry I don't have the energy to worry about everyone else when I have to worry about myself and my family.
yup, nope, fuck you

I truly hope your family is never in a situation where their lives are being threatened by the decisions of others wanting to be "free".

but still, fuck you

Not everywhere even if you have a permit :nev:

Plus we could argue about what the right to bear arms really meant when it was written and fuckmooks in the modern time have twisted it so we all have to worry about dumbasses carrying guns who shouldn't.

Yeah I can troll too....
There are other arms that aren't banned that are not guns. Arms doesn't mean guns. An arm is a tool to provide protection. Tools can be banned, but new tools, better tools can always be created. And a ban on certain tools can lead to more creative and deadly tools.

There are other arms that aren't banned that are not guns. Arms doesn't mean guns. An arm is a tool to provide protection. Tools can be banned, but new tools, better tools can always be created. And a ban on certain tools can lead to more creative and deadly tools.
You are really a troll or a stupid fuck. You sir, are not allowed to bring ANY weapons in my son's school or on his bus. There are many places that prohibit any weapons - not just guns.

Now if you are going to classify your body as an arm, then you really are a dumbass.

You are really a troll or a stupid fuck. You sir, are not allowed to bring ANY weapons in my son's school or on his bus. There are many places that prohibit any weapons - not just guns.

Now if you are going to classify your body as an arm, then you really are a dumbass.
I don't think you really want to go down this road with me because I'll start explaining how ANYTHING can be considered an armament. And that might just freak you out too much.

I don't think you really want to go down this road with me because I'll start explaining how ANYTHING can be considered an armament. And that might just freak you out too much.
In that case, and I don't know if this stands for all 50 states, but you don't have the right to bear arms because at least most states won't allow you to carry any size knife.

LLYF3Zj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.