Ontopic Political Poo Flinging

Status
Not open for further replies.
People who aren't smart are just going to peruse smarts? That has to be the most privileged thing I have ever read in my life.
No. the most 'privileged' thing you'll ever read is that they're happy someone else is responsible for their happiness.

Screw self worth. When you make minimum wage self worth doesn't cross your mind. First you have to worry about whether you will have the car fixed this month or pay the electric bill. The water bill ain't happening cause that bank overdraft has yo shit in the negative.
Over and over and over, I've said a healthy economy cures more problems than anything else. If you vote to wreck the economy to pursue some imaginary more 'fair' objective, you're doing it wrong.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
No. the most 'privileged' thing you'll ever read is that they're happy someone else is responsible for their happiness.

Over and over and over, I've said a healthy economy cures more problems than anything else. If you vote to wreck the economy to pursue some imaginary more 'fair' objective, you're doing it wrong.
The government SHOULD be responsible for making sure its citizens are not exploited for not being smart enough to further their education. Especially since they control their education from the very beginning of their schooling. Happiness has nothing to do with it. You can be rich or poor and unhappy.

1) the government doesn't control their education. A portion of property taxes pay for the facility, but you can go to a private school. There's standardized testing, outside of that, it's a free world. Vote for vouchers.

2) Happiness has everything to do with is. You can be a professional whiner or problem solver. Getting rewarded for either one has a huge influence on your happiness.

Curious question:

We all shop at grocery stores. Should the people that work at the store, some of them we’ve seen fo years there, and work full time- should they have to resort to finding a second job to get by? Just to pay the bills. I’m not talking about a monthly on a Mercedes and a townhouse, just average, getting by income.

Doesn't matter as those positions won't exist soon.

We live in interesting times

I know this doesn't matter to the happily child-free, but things like this keep me up at night - I don't have any idea how the increasing-without-bound tuitions shake out in the near-enough term that my kids will be able to go through college without accumulating crippling debt.
I don't believe college is worth it any more. Maybe for certain fields one has a passion for like medicine or law. Hopefully some politicians will wake up to the economic value of mass education.

I don't believe college is worth it any more. Maybe for certain fields one has a passion for like medicine or law. Hopefully some politicians will wake up to the economic value of mass education.
That's fine and good, but try convincing employers here in the states that they should hire a non-college grad in a skilled position.

1) the government doesn't control their education. A portion of property taxes pay for the facility, but you can go to a private school. There's standardized testing, outside of that, it's a free world. Vote for vouchers.

2) Happiness has everything to do with is. You can be a professional whiner or problem solver. Getting rewarded for either one has a huge influence on your happiness.
1. Kids have zero control over their education.

2. Just because you can afford private school doesn't mean other people can. Btw they can't.

3. Educate yourself on what happiness is.

1. Kids have zero control over their education.
Until they're 16 the parents are in control. We're not in a slave state.

2. Just because you can afford private school doesn't mean other people can. Btw they can't.
Again, Vouchers.

3. Educate yourself on what happiness is.
Go on. Please tell me what happiness is. Please.

Until they're 16 the parents are in control. We're not in a slave state.

Again, Vouchers.

Go on. Please tell me what happiness is. Please.
"The parents are in control" is worthless to kids with bad, uneducated, and/Or poor parents.

Vouchers are only useful to the kids in the 15 states who have vouchers. We have 50 states btw. And I bet it doesn't cover the cost anyways (a guess ill admit). People should be able to send their kids to any public school as long as they can get them there but they can't. Not without paying. If they are zoned for the poor school they are fucked.

If other people can make themselves smarter, you should be able to educate yourself on the meaning of happiness.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Status
Not open for further replies.