PLEASE. be patient, kind,

I get full bars of 3g at pretty much all times but that's not terribly surprising because I'm in downtown atlanta

No, it still kinda is. You should have heard Howard Stern and Robin bitching about not being able to keep a call for more than a minute or two before dropping. And that was in downtown Manhattan. AT&T even had people contact them to help (I'm assuming it was so they would shut up). They never could "fix" the problem. Everyone on the show is now on Verizon.

edit: And I had the same problems in downtown Tampa too. (but this was years ago)

My AT&T is ok. I had more dropped calls with Tmobile but I would say people could hear me better on Tmobile.

If I didn't have an iPhone I would not have gotten AT&T, I think I pay way too much for the service that I get.

And I wouldn't go with Metro PCS, I have friends that went the cheap cheap route and say its cheap for a reason.

at&t was having call dropping problems with 3g iphones and crackberries for a while. if the phone switched between 3g and edge it would drop the call. they've since fixed it afaik. I don't spend much time on the phone though

at&t was having call dropping problems with 3g iphones and crackberries for a while. if the phone switched between 3g and edge it would drop the call. they've since fixed it afaik. I don't spend much time on the phone though

Yeah neither do I so its not worth it to me to switch. I have like 450 anytime minutes and I use under half of that a month.

Odd, I thought AT&Ts network sucked EVERYWHERE...

AT&T is pretty solid around Fort Worth. Not as fast as Sprint, but better coverage in most areas.

Especially inside my house, where ATT had excellent coverage but Sprint has me dropping calls when I don't stay standing. It would be completely unbearable if I weren't the type of person who paces while they talk on the phone.

Last edited:
I've got AT&T and a Blackberry Pearl. I wanted the full-size keyboard on the other Blackberries but I hate their shape. The Pearl is "cell phone sized". And of course I have a hefty data plan (email, texting, etc.) Never had a problem with dropped calls.

been thinking about a phone with a data plan. Even though I don't like being on contracts, I get bored as fuck on the metro to and from work.

When we were in Utah, we had Verizon cause it worked great in all the rural areas. We switched to Sprint shortly after moving to Phoenix and it has better coverage, even when we go back to rural Utah.

I've got AT&T and a Blackberry Pearl. I wanted the full-size keyboard on the other Blackberries but I hate their shape. The Pearl is "cell phone sized". And of course I have a hefty data plan (email, texting, etc.) Never had a problem with dropped calls.

Yay! You're back!