Pics PicSpam 2017 - The Blurry Album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poking holes in an argument does not require a counterargument. Neither of us possesses enough knowledge to speak well about transgender issues (though the professionals who do possess this knowledge disagree with @fly). Fly's arguments simply do not fit the data.

It is immediately obvious that fly has no credibility on the matter due to his dearth of even a basic understanding of the matter. The ignorant absolutism doesn't help much.
I originally said it was <1%. If you had read the article that you posted, you'd know that I'm right.

I don't think he really said that.

He just doesn't like that being something is a part of some peoples' identities.
Then why link the two? Why not say "some transgendered people have blue eyes, or are left handed."? Those just as well describe the human condition
The only reason to mention them together is to link them in the reader's mind.

Then why link the two? Why not say "some transgendered people have blue eyes, or are left handed."? Those just as well describe the human condition
The only reason to mention them together is to link them in the reader's mind.
I don't think I phrased it very well.

He's basically bagging on people who are very outwardly something. Like the gay guy who lisps and prances.

I dunno.

you people
giphy.gif

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
Some transgender people are probably attention seekers, some have self doubt, some know for sure that they are a dude or chick, despite their body not matching.

Its almost like the scope of human difference applies to all groups.
Interpreting the first statement as "some transgender people are only doing it for the attention" is a bit of a stretch.

If he said "just attention seekers", sure... but he didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.