Pics PicSpam 2017 - The Blurry Album

Status
Not open for further replies.
170519472IMG201705181726281.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
I've been trying to get this printer together, but I ran into the issue where I don't have a single flat surface in my house. I'd bolt the frame together, turn it 90 degrees and it would tip back and forth, and a distorted frame = distorted prints.

0.0001" flatness granite block to the rescue.

I've been trying to get this printer together, but I ran into the issue where I don't have a single flat surface in my house. I'd bolt the frame together, turn it 90 degrees and it would tip back and forth, and a distorted frame = distorted prints.

0.0001" flatness granite block to the rescue.

True flat surfaces are truly helpful. Ive got a set of reference flats for up to 36 inches, and i use them surprisingly often

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
I use some largish concrete tiles for that. They're flat to .001" per foot (they're 18" square), which is good enough for the dumb shit I do.

My biggest is a large sheet of tempered glass from a coffee table, 18x36. Measured flat within 2 thou with my lie neilson flat edge that i trust as a reference flat.

• Gravy
Reactions: MadDog and Jehannum
My biggest is a large sheet of tempered glass from a coffee table, 18x36. Measured flat without 2 thou with my lie neilson flat edge that i trust as a reference flat.
I measured mine with my grand-dad's machinist's straight edge (he worked at Rocky Flats until that gave him cancer and killed him), and my trusty Craftsman feeler gauges.

Status
Not open for further replies.