Pics PicSpam 2017 - The Blurry Album

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not arguing that grunge didn't originate from Seattle. I'm arguing that grunge bands from outside Seattle aren't second rate, and some are better than some of the Seattle ones.

Outside of maybe Silverchair I took most of the Aussie ones as Noise Rock not Grunge. All fantastic bands but different to me.

I'm not arguing that grunge didn't originate from Seattle. I'm arguing that grunge bands from outside Seattle aren't second rate, and some are better than some of the Seattle ones.

Also for the record I'm an uber OCD nerd so I have to dissect and classify everything.

When I lived in Europe I only had a handful of CDs so we would measure distance by album length. Like how long does it take to drive to Luxembourg? Well 2 Dr. Dre and a Maxwell.
I do this! I can make it from here to Dubuque in about one and a half Danzig albums

• Gravy
Reactions: Floptical
so like I know those albums front to back, know every song and every note, but I couldn't tell you when a minute or 30 or 60 had passed

As an example to follow the grunge topic Alice In Chains Dirt was laid out specially to follow the life of a drug addict. The first songs in the album were semi innocent about dabbling in stuff. The middle songs are about being full on addict. The end is about the nasty rough part of addiction and it ends with a song about Andy Wood dying from drugs. Each song was laid out specifically to follow a complete story.

• Gravy
Reactions: Jehannum
For me it was easier pre-iTunes. I'm so glad i built a habit beforehand of listening to an entire album and the specific layout of the songs on an album vs just a single track.
I had a mixed start with this, grew up on classic rock and the records and CDs and cassettes my parents had, but then with p2p and a slowwwwwwe connection I had to be selective and couldn't just get a whole album or discography. once my internet got better I made the swap back.
one car has a CD player and one car has an iPod hookup (but it only works with an iPod, so when Jason takes that with him on tour for vantunes, I'm stuck with FM and I get p much nothing out here), so I still pretty much listen to albums whole, with the occasional skip for stinkers.

• Gravy
Reactions: Floptical
I had a mixed start with this, grew up on classic rock and the records and CDs and cassettes my parents had, but then with p2p and a slowwwwwwe connection I had to be selective and couldn't just get a whole album or discography. once my internet got better I made the swap back.
one car has a CD player and one car has an iPod hookup (but it only works with an iPod, so when Jason takes that with him on tour for vantunes, I'm stuck with FM and I get p much nothing out here), so I still pretty much listen to albums whole, with the occasional skip for stinkers.

I lucked out that when P2P hit big I lived in Turkey so my internet sucked. It was download an album and come back in two days. I really enjoyed the discovery of buying a disk and hoping it didn't suck but going in knowing zero about it.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I lucked out that when P2P hit big I lived in Turkey so my internet sucked. It was download an album and come back in two days. I really enjoyed the discovery of buying a disk and hoping it didn't suck but going in knowing zero about it.
my parents were really weird about me using the dial up. they didn't want me online all the time tying up the line, but they didn't answer 99% of calls because bill collectors :lol: but just in case of an emergency, they wanted the line open. so I couldn't leave it on, I had to use my 1 hour a day to hope I got through a whole song

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
I used to prank call the operator because it was the only woman around you weren't related to and private conversation meant you got a cord long enough to reach all the way out to the porch, but that was only after we moved up in the world and didn't have a party line anymore.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi
170519306Attachmen1.png

I was lucky back in the late 90s in Denmark. My ex wife was a med student and I was able to use the computers at her uni which were on a 20mbit connection to download songs on napster.

For the record, the entire Digital Underground discography up through 'The Body-Hat Syndrome' will cover you from Tampa to Tallahassee.

Status
Not open for further replies.