People Who SMOKE Inside Their House...

the DEA doesn't spend billions per year busting smokers...people don't smoke too many cigs and wreck cars, commit domestic violence, etc

serious apples and oranges going on there

recreational drug user:
driving while affected by drugs taken = car wrecks, letting children drown while baby sitting, abuse spawned by temper fluctuation, overdoses, birth defects, ect.

Smokers:
an estimated 35,000 deaths from heart disease in people who live with smokers but are not current smokers

about 3,400 lung cancer deaths in nonsmoking adults

other respiratory problems in nonsmokers, including coughing, phlegm, chest discomfort, and reduced lung function

150,000 to 300,000 lower respiratory tract infections (such as pneumonia and bronchitis) in children younger than 18 months of age, which result in 7,500 to 15,000 hospitalizations

increases in the number and severity of asthma attacks in about 200,000 to 1 million asthmatic children

... what part the amount of death and sickness don't you see correlating to each other with my comparison.

recreational drug user:
driving while affected by drugs taken = car wrecks, letting children drown while baby sitting, abuse spawned by temper fluctuation, overdoses, birth defects, ect.

Smokers:
an estimated 35,000 deaths from heart disease in people who live with smokers but are not current smokers

other respiratory problems in nonsmokers, including coughing, phlegm, chest discomfort, and reduced lung function

150,000 to 300,000 lower respiratory tract infections (such as pneumonia and bronchitis) in children younger than 18 months of age, which result in 7,500 to 15,000 hospitalizations

increases in the number and severity of asthma attacks in about 200,000 to 1 million asthmatic children

... what part the amount of death and sickness don't you see correlating to each other with my comparison.

omfg...recreational drug use is illegal, smoking is NOT :lol:
apple, meet orange

omfg...recreational drug use is illegal, smoking is NOT :lol:
apple, meet orange

Recreational drugs hurt yourself (in excess) and others around you through reactions like violence and blackouts while driving and such.

Alcohol has similar effects but is legal.

Smoking hurts yourself as well as others with fumes, not necessarily with violent acts or blackouts while driving.

Speaking of painting...

I am going to repaint my bathrooms. How best to strip the wallpaper? Do I need to sand the wall of glue afterward? Do I need a primer to "cover up" the glue?

recreational drug user:

Smokers:

All of those statistics are almost meaningless. Heart disease is rampant in the Western world. So is cancer. Lung cancer in smokers is pretty conclusive at this point, but lung cancer in non-smokers isn't. Air pollution causes far more lung disease in children and people in general than second-hand cigarette smoke. Asthma is exploding in urban centers, where the pollution is concentrated. We have bigger things to worry about than who does or doesn't smoke.

Speaking of painting...

I am going to repaint my bathrooms. How best to strip the wallpaper? Do I need to sand the wall of glue afterward? Do I need a primer to "cover up" the glue?

You have to get all the glue off before you paint. I used hot water and fabric softener to loosen up the glue then used a plastic took to scrape off then a scrub brush to pick up the little bits I missed.

Speaking of painting...

Their are a few solutions you can buy, the name eludes me right now, that you mix with warm water. If you ask for it at Lowes or Home Depot, they will know what you need. The adhesive is soluble and comes off fairly easily. After you clean the wall and let it dry you can paint over it.

Last edited:
I bet it looks good. What color for the other rooms?

I have pics! One second...

DSC_3937%20%28Medium%29.JPG

The trim is now painted white, just not in this picture.
DSC_3942%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSC_3948%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSC_3951%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSC_3954%20%28Medium%29.JPG

This white color is changing soon... didn't like it. Going a bit browner, but enough to contrast with the brown above.
DSC_3955%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Ahh derailling... I love it.

edit: disco disco disco

Last edited:
My Uncle is one of the head scientists over at RJ Reynolds. He quit smoking over a decade ago. Thats enough to let me know its bad.

I have pics! One second...

DSC_3937%20%28Medium%29.JPG

The trim is now painted white, just not in this picture.
DSC_3942%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSC_3948%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSC_3951%20%28Medium%29.JPG

DSC_3954%20%28Medium%29.JPG

This white color is changing soon... didn't like it. Going a bit browner, but enough to contrast with the brown above.
DSC_3955%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Ahh derailling... I love it.

edit: disco disco disco

What's that massive white....thing on your wall. Looks like it has speakers beside it? Did fly make a t.v.?