People Who SMOKE Inside Their House...

APRIL

Feel Free to Pee on Me
Sep 30, 2004
Houston
Marklar
₥60,587
You are a fucking disgusting human being.

DSC03716%20%28Medium%29.JPG

I am having to paint every surface in the house to get rid of the nicotine stains. This stuff is on your lungs too. :(

I remember in my last job I went to this guy's house to install an internet connection, and he had a standard beige computer case, except it wasn't beige anymore. More like a yellow. Soot was all inside the computer too. Fucking grosssssss. I think the worst is parents who smoke around their children (i.e. younger than 18 yrs of age) in the house.

i don't think i could ever buy a home that had been smoked in.

When we saw the house, at least I, had no clue it had been smoked in. I'm guessing the sellers had stopped smoking a while back since the smell wasn't too bad. The stains are worse.

I remember in my last job I went to this guy's house to install an internet connection, and he had a standard beige computer case, except it wasn't beige anymore. More like a yellow. Soot was all inside the computer too. Fucking grosssssss. I think the worst is parents who smoke around their children (i.e. younger than 18 yrs of age) in the house.

I do not agree with that either. As much as I despise kids, it used to get me pissed off when a friend would smoke weed/cigs around her infant. She was such an idiot.

fuck, that sucks. it's cool though, paint the walls and doors like you are doing, steam clean the carpet, and then buy that pet powder shit, put it all over your carpet and vacuum that bitch up - and if you're real paranoid rip open all the windows and purchase an air purifier. boom, it'll be like new

fuck, that sucks. it's cool though, paint the walls and doors like you are doing, steam clean the carpet, and then buy that pet powder shit, put it all over your carpet and vacuum that bitch up - and if you're real paranoid rip open all the windows and purchase an air purifier. boom, it'll be like new

We hired a carpet cleaner/grout cleaner and took care of that before we moved in. Bath and body works was having a sale on their wallflowers (plug ins) and we stocked up on those... the smell isn't bad, it's the fucking stains. Have most of the house painted except the ceiling (which is last) and two bedrooms.

Why we are painting the ceilings....

DSC03722%20%28Medium%29.JPG

Replacing the vent too. This house is going to be brand fucking new when we're done with it. Replacing the floors is on the list too.

Edit: It doesn't even look half as bad in the pic... stupid cheap camera. The ceilings are white with a tinge coming from the vent.

BEERAD STOP FUCKING SMOKING INDOORS YOU TWAT.

It's funny when smokers move their furnitue and see the difference in the paint behind things. It makes me laugh at them.

When the sellers took the frames off the walls there were squares of the original paint left. :barf:

The stains will ultimately work their way through paint, fyi. You may ultimately have to undergo some sort of godawful paint stripping ritual in order to cure the problem.

My mother-in-law, who smokes like a goddamned steamboat, had to run an ozone generator in her house for a couple of weeks prior to selling it. Apparently ozone, which is more or less what most folks call smog, is able to cancel out the smell or cigarette smoke. Who knew.

my dad smokes in the house sometimes...but his favorite seat is right by the windows in our living room, so he lets the air out that way.

my mom is the queen of scented candles and air fresheners though and our house doesn't smell bad.

most of the time he lounges in our backyard when he smokes.

The stains will ultimately work their way through paint, fyi. You may ultimately have to undergo some sort of godawful paint stripping ritual in order to cure the problem.

My mother-in-law, who smokes like a goddamned steamboat, had to run an ozone generator in her house for a couple of weeks prior to selling it. Apparently ozone, which is more or less what most folks call smog, is able to cancel out the smell or cigarette smoke. Who knew.

That's what I'm worried about. The colored paint is fine, it's the white on the doors and the frames that I think is seeping through. I told myself it's just my eyes seeing things. I put 2-3 coats on everything.

Dear god no.