Out of State moves

Seattle ftw- We will be 3 hours apart :D Plus, we are more then happy to lend you our spare bedroom if you want to come and check out the area. FB and I know Seattle quite well and would love to show you around :)

Also FWIW, a friend of ours recently took a job transfer to Seattle and he said that the IT job market up there is BOOMING!!! So you might want to check around... just sayin... :heart:

Seattle ftw- We will be 3 hours apart :D Plus, we are more then happy to lend you our spare bedroom if you want to come and check out the area. FB and I know Seattle quite well and would love to show you around :)

I would, but I have huge depression issues when I don't see the sun for extended periods of time and looking at the past weather I couldn't go for 3 months with it either raining or cloudy all but 7 days. We are most seriously looking at Phoenix right now.

My mom and I packed up and left NJ after my parents separated. Put pretty much what we could in a conversion van and a 6'x12' U-Haul trailer that we towed behind. We had that thing stuffed too. Both the van and the trailer. I forget how many animals we had at the time, 1 dog and like 5 cats.
Granted the house we moved to already had most of the furniture we needed, so that helped a lot. Otherwise we woulda had to hire a moving company. This was like 13 yrs ago, left the day after I graduated 8th grade.

I would, but I have huge depression issues when I don't see the sun for extended periods of time and looking at the past weather I couldn't go for 3 months with it either raining or cloudy all but 7 days. We are most seriously looking at Phoenix right now.

well, you could go with a hot, no-havin-weather place like that, or you could me to a place that has excellent weather and all four seasons. You know, like Atlanta.

well, you could go with a hot, no-havin-weather place like that, or you could me to a place that has excellent weather and all four seasons. You know, like Atlanta.

The more and more I think about it though, I can handle whatever they throw at me in the summer to essentially not have winter. Think about it, no snow, no ice, no freezing temps for months on end. I won't have to shovel it or drive in it, or really even wear my wool coat much, I'll be able to get by on just some nice heavy jackets. In the summer we'll spend the 2 months of super hot in the house or water, and the rest of the year we can go outside (as opposed to being stuck in the house for 4 months due to bad storms and cold). It's really a win-win situation.

Don't worry, Spange and Baby Bird are going to need to see the Grand Canyon and such, so you can come and visit.

I don't know about the humidity in Utah but Phoenix has none. Anytime I'm in Arizona, I suffer from exteremly dry skin and eyes and have terrible bloody noses. I guess you get use to the humidity and then your body can't function without it.

The more and more I think about it though, I can handle whatever they throw at me in the summer to essentially not have winter. Think about it, no snow, no ice, no freezing temps for months on end. I won't have to shovel it or drive in it, or really even wear my wool coat much, I'll be able to get by on just some nice heavy jackets. In the summer we'll spend the 2 months of super hot in the house or water, and the rest of the year we can go outside (as opposed to being stuck in the house for 4 months due to bad storms and cold). It's really a win-win situation.

Don't worry, Spange and Baby Bird are going to need to see the Grand Canyon and such, so you can come and visit.

uhh, that's exactly how it is in atlanta :p

I don't know about the humidity in Utah but Phoenix has none. Anytime I'm in Arizona, I suffer from exteremly dry skin and eyes and have terrible bloody noses. I guess you get use to the humidity and then your body can't function without it.

That's how it is here, you get used to it, and use a lot of lotion....on stuff.

:shifty:

Utah is actually the second driest state in the nation, Arizona I believe is the third, so it may be an improvement.

Who has ever made an out of state move? What can you tell us about it? How did the getting a job process go? What about finding a house (we will be renting to start)? Any tips on making a smoother move?

Anyone have any information on living in either Albuquerque, Seattle, Las Vegas, or Phoenix?

April doesn't count, cause she just moved in with someone else.

It's hotter then hell in 3 of those locals and rains a lot in the other.