Out of State moves

North Cobb county is the place to be. Roswell & Alpharetta are in Fulton county (schools suck and taxes are high).

Where WaW and I live (East Cobb/Marietta) has the best schools in Georgia and some of the best in the nation. Damn good schools. Lowest taxes in the metro Atlanta area and lowest crime rate.

Thorn and I LOOOOVE where we live and can't imagine moving. Plus, having WaW 5 minutes away* isn't too bad either. :heart:

*We really should get together more often, but WaW is waaaaaay more pimptacular than me.

How much could I get as a salary for say......a computer Tech Support job?

which is why i live here. 1400sq ft for 90k. :D

It's only that high because we're landlocked by all the other suburbs. No room to expand = high demand espescially with our schools.

As of right now, I can sell my 1678 sq. ft. 3 bed 1.5 bath house for 300,000.

We've almost doubled in value from when we got the house.

That being said, Dublin, Hilliard, and Westerville have much cheaper homes and are almost as nice of areas to live in.

Living near to family and friends is a plus. And i like working on the base. Our schools use to be the ones you sent your kids to, but now, not so much. Thank god we finally got a school levy passed.

Dream's post was the best moving advice I've seen.

Also, it seems really important to a lot of people to like where they live. If you haven't been to the places you've listed as potentials for moving, I highly recommend visiting each of them first. Personally, I fell in love with Albuquerque the moment I arrived there. I would live there in heartbeat if it weren't so far from an ocean. I learned while living in Ohio that my soul aches the further from the ocean I get. Other than this, Albuquerque is awesome with beautiful scenery, lots of fun stuff to do, reasonable pricing, good schools and friendly people. I thought about going to college there. That's just my 2 cents.

Also, it seems really important to a lot of people to like where they live. If you haven't been to the places you've listed as potentials for moving, I highly recommend visiting each of them first. Personally, I fell in love with Albuquerque the moment I arrived there. I would live there in heartbeat if it weren't so far from an ocean. I learned while living in Ohio that my soul aches the further from the ocean I get. Other than this, Albuquerque is awesome with beautiful scenery, lots of fun stuff to do, reasonable pricing, good schools and friendly people. I thought about going to college there. That's just my 2 cents.

This is good to know, cause from the research I've been doing, Albuquerque is sitting on top of the list, but we don't know anyone who has actually been there. While I like the ocean, it's not really a factor in location.

We have also considered Houston (Texas in general), but it's at least twice as far from Utah as all the other places, and that's a big move.

This is good to know, cause from the research I've been doing, Tampa is sitting on top of the list, but we don't know anyone who has actually been there. While I like the ocean, it's not really a factor in location.

We have also considered Tampa (Florida in general), but it's at least twice as far from Utah as all the other places, and that's a big move.

Fixt

Agreed! Me personally I hate the southwest. Albuquerque was nice to visit for a short time but not some place that I would want to live. That pretty much sums up my feelings about Arizona, New Mexico, and far west Texas.

North Cobb county is the place to be. Roswell & Alpharetta are in Fulton county (schools suck and taxes are high).

Where WaW and I live (East Cobb/Marietta) has the best schools in Georgia and some of the best in the nation. Damn good schools. Lowest taxes in the metro Atlanta area and lowest crime rate.

Thorn and I LOOOOVE where we live and can't imagine moving. Plus, having WaW 5 minutes away* isn't too bad either. :heart:

*We really should get together more often, but WaW is waaaaaay more pimptacular than me.

hey homie, I went to Roswell High for a semester, that place rocked :o

edit: fuck cobb county schools, I also went to Pebblebrook which was the "performing arts" school for the county and thus on block scheduling to appease the fucking drama students so it utterly screwed up my schedule and I had to take summer school to catch up

Last edited:
Who has ever made an out of state move? What can you tell us about it? How did the getting a job process go? What about finding a house (we will be renting to start)? Any tips on making a smoother move?

Anyone have any information on living in either Albuquerque, Seattle, Las Vegas, or Phoenix?

April doesn't count, cause she just moved in with someone else.

I have a friend who moved to Albuquerque a few months ago. The spent about 6 months looking at houses online through a realtor and flew out twice to look. There are a few different school districts and some are really bad. Make sure you have a good realtor who lets you know what district you are in. Even if you aren't planning on having kids, remember resale value.

a 5 minute drive to work, or 50 minute drive to work... hmmmm...

my neighborhood has been iffy. The meth lab bust, the basement chicken raising illegal mexicans, the white supremacists, and more recently the drug dealer that was shot...

its getting me a bit worried.

I would like to point out that none of these things happened on our street. The meth lab was like 2 years ago about 1/2 mile away, and it can happen anywhere.
Okay well the mexicans... that was 2 years ago and they are gone. 1 street over.
White supremacy is a little extreme, they are a bunch of hippies who "are supporting the troops". They live 1 street over coincidentally in the dame house the mexicans use to live in. Last week they had a sign in their yard that said "911 was an inside job". And I think I think I would rather live by hippies than a # of other type of people.
And the drug dealer was 2 streets away on a street that is full of duplex and has always been a shady street. Just avoid it.

Our neighborhood is decent, mostly older people around us, and our neighbors are all nice. There are always kids outside playing and besides beardy-weirdy will protect us ;)