Omy , look what I found in my garage

I admit I don't really "get" Harleys. I guess it's like people who are hardcore into Mustangs or anything else in life.

they're nice bikes- good engines, sturdy design, meticulous attention to detail. they're kind of a symbol of america/the american dream, and they encourage the procurement of leather articles of clothing. i could never see myself on a ninja or a rocket like that, it's always been either a harley or a sweet honda in my mind, anything less wouldn't seem nearly as badass

unless we're talking ducati. :drool:

they're nice bikes- good engines, sturdy design, meticulous attention to detail. they're kind of a symbol of america/the american dream, and they encourage the procurement of leather articles of clothing. i could never see myself on a ninja or a rocket like that, it's always been either a harley or a sweet honda in my mind, anything less wouldn't seem nearly as badass

unless we're talking ducati. :drool:

reliability has never been a strong point unfortunately

Some better pics, now that its washed. Its been sitting in dads garage for like the last year & a half, so it was pretty funky.

picture.php

picture.php

Unfortunately , the battery gave up the ghost today. So Im stuck without being able to ride it again until tuesday, since bike shops here are closed on sunday and mondays (for reasons that involve cornholing, Im sure). Also I noticed, when extracting the old battery, that the side covers & fenders are made of sheet steel, instead of plastic, like on my old bike. Pretty nice.

On the old bikes thats true, but the new ones are just as reliable as most other bikes.

If not more so than other bikes.

Though the newest Harley's are introducing a lot more electronics into the bikes, which will inevitably cause new problems.

Some of Harley's strong points are dealer network, parts availability even for older models, relatively simple and easy to work on, low maintenance, and under-stressed engines will last for a long, long time.

I admit I don't really "get" Harleys. I guess it's like people who are hardcore into Mustangs or anything else in life.

I didn't "get" them for the longest time either, I still don't care for the stock riding position of most models, but now I've come to appreciate some of their charms.

Not into chrome myself, but the blacked-out models could fit the bill :p

I don't think I'll ever "get" choppers though. :dont:

Though at the moment, I'm lusting after even lighter, more dirt-worthy bikes than my own.

I didn't "get" them for the longest time either, I still don't care for the stock riding position of most models, but now I've come to appreciate some of their charms.

Not into chrome myself, but the blacked-out models could fit the bill :p

I don't think I'll ever "get" choppers though. :dont:

Though at the moment, I'm lusting after even lighter, more dirt-worthy bikes than my own.

If I was to get a bike. It would have to be a big cruiser bike. :eek:

http://www.geekologie.com/2008/12/yes_please_an_a10_warthog_moto.php

"The A-10 Thunderbolt II (aka Warthog) is a plane that never fails to make me swoon. I don't know if it's the styling or the 30mm Gatling gun in it's mouth, but my god does that plane do something to me. And now the guys over at ICON Motorsports have gone and made an A-10 inspired motorcycle. Complete with 800-watt sound system, 8-inch LCD screen and minigun, the bike is clearly ready for combat. "

I want one!