OMG The Matrix has your money

no car payment ape???

think i got 2 years left on my truck.. i hope it runs at least that long. will be the first vehicle i've ever paid off. i like my truck and could see myself driving it for a long time.

A couple of things I see people doing that don't make sense to me....

1) Buying the largest drink cup available when you're eating a place with free "get them when you want" refills.

2) Buying movie candy and sodas. I saw I Am Legend over the weekend and stopped at Wal-Mart on the way. I got two boxes of candy and a can of soda for like $2.25 tax included. My friend who went with me bought pretty much the same stuff and spent $7.50.

3) Ordering pizza 3-4 times a month at $15-20 a pop. We used to be guilty of it too, but after looking at it we can get a Freschetta or Tombstone from the grocery store for $5 that tastes just as good and ultimately takes the same amount of time to get on the table.

4) Not bothering to look for coupons for something they were already planning on buying. I used to/still am terrible at this, but am getting better and trying to be more aware of how much money can be saved with only seconds of time used.

Last edited:
#1 always confused me as well

You must have crappy pizza places near you, since even Dominos is quite a step above anything you can buy in the supermarkets here. Other than making your own pizza with the uncooked dough they sell of course.

I make my own using Boboli pizza crust. For about $20 I can make two large pizzas.

The only real debt we have is the house. We try to pay cash for as much as we can.

in this same vein, we use our AMEX cards for things we know we have to have like gas and groceries. gets us those amex rewards points, tho i've never used a reward point in my life. :fly: we are only 12 fazillion points away from a flat screen.

but i liked the idea that dave ramsey says about paying cash. it's more "painful" to pay in cash. i know i'll run up hella tab and swipe the card and not think twice. buy clothes the same way. but if i pulled the cash from my pocket I'd be much less apt to drop 80 at the spot (as i type this i realize i've told you this before, but it still bears repeating).

yeah knyte, #1 is :tard: to me. why do you need a gargantuan cup at mickey d's when your food is "for here"?

i am curious where a man without a purse carries a soda??

been needin to clip coupons for years. i will go through a faze and do it for a few weeks.. then they all expire. argh.

in this same vein, we use our AMEX cards for things we know we have to have like gas and groceries. gets us those amex rewards points, tho i've never used a reward point in my life. :fly: we are only 12 fazillion points away from a flat screen.

but i liked the idea that dave ramsey says about paying cash. it's more "painful" to pay in cash. i know i'll run up hella tab and swipe the card and not think twice. buy clothes the same way. but if i pulled the cash from my pocket I'd be much less apt to drop 80 at the spot (as i type this i realize i've told you this before, but it still bears repeating).

yeah knyte, #1 is :tard: to me. why do you need a gargantuan cup at mickey d's when your food is "for here"?

i am curious where a man without a purse carries a soda??

been needin to clip coupons for years. i will go through a faze and do it for a few weeks.. then they all expire. argh.

I'll clip coupons put them in a envelope then I'll forget them when I go to the store.:tard:

This is my problem too.

this is my problem three.

and hell.. i wear "hip hop" jeans (read: baggy) and I can't get no soda in them pockets.

**it is hear that I'd like to hear one of Knyte's stories about how awesomest he is

"I had a soda in my pocket and all these hot a$$ chicks come runnin over and try to stroke my soda, thinking it's my massive member. Just then...."

no car payment ape???

think i got 2 years left on my truck.. i hope it runs at least that long. will be the first vehicle i've ever paid off. i like my truck and could see myself driving it for a long time.

No car payment for over three years now... bought it with cash. But...I had 12k in debt that I have been working on for years. :hs:

Last edited:
this is my problem three.

and hell.. i wear "hip hop" jeans (read: baggy) and I can't get no soda in them pockets.

**it is hear that I'd like to hear one of Knyte's stories about how awesomest he is

"I had a soda in my pocket and all these hot a$$ chicks come runnin over and try to stroke my soda, thinking it's my massive member. Just then...."

If knyte had a soda can i his pocket, he could just flex and smash it flat. Then he could pull out the flattend can and use it as a weapon to kill terrorists.

Yeah, so I'm like so badass that I've found a way to create tiny vortexes to parallel worlds in my pants pockets. Thus giving me unlimited storage capacity for things like soda, candy, and "SAM Stinger missile systems" if you know what I mean and I think you do.

My roommate once spent an entire afternoon reading a 50 page essay explaining exactly what the rules dictate must happen when a jar of infinite water is put inside a bag of infinite holding, then the jar is broken, and then the bag is turned inside out, when playing Dungeons and Dragons. It's apparently quite complex, but after a long series of rolls and checks the universe essentially reverts to normal.

[serios] I used to do a sort of consulting thing for families that made 6 figures but were still living paycheck to paycheck. The whole thing is kind of complicated, but the gist of it is that you need to start thinking of things in terms of how much they add to your life per dollar. Basically I would just make forms for them on which to rate the utility and describe the cost of different things, and report back to them where their money is being spent least efficiently in terms of quality of life per dollar. Of course they didn't always just eliminate the lowest ones in order, but it wasn't often far off, and all of them said it was really useful.

This is why so many magazines have silly advice about lattes. They don't understand it this way. Yes, $3 lattes at 5/week adds up, but you know what else does? Every other damn thing you buy. If it really helps you in the morning, then why push it out when you haven't even looked at what else you could get rid of without even caring?

The funniest part is that many of the couples, when asked by an objective party to actually evaluate it and explain why, reported to me that expensive habits of theirs actually hurt their overall quality of life.