OMG The Matrix has your money

I wish we weren't in so much debt. It would be really easy for us to set up a budget and stick to it, but our debt is so horrible at this point that it doesn't matter. If we have an extra dollar, it goes toward the debt. We'll be lucky if we are out from underneath it all by the end of this decade.

Then again, the reasons we got in to this situation were valid and mostly unavoidable. We did it for happiness, not for material possessions. Most of the time, if I remind myself of this, I don't feel quite so bad about it all.

I wish we weren't in so much debt. It would be really easy for us to set up a budget and stick to it, but our debt is so horrible at this point that it doesn't matter. If we have an extra dollar, it goes toward the debt. We'll be lucky if we are out from underneath it all by the end of this decade.

Then again, the reasons we got in to this situation were valid and mostly unavoidable. We did it for happiness, not for material possessions. Most of the time, if I remind myself of this, I don't feel quite so bad about it all.

Did you guys ever sell the 2nd house?

:heart:

At least some people have a bunch of stupid crap to show for their excesses. I just have black lung, a fatty liver and a beer gut.

same as my buddy i mentioned earlier. guess he and his wife moved to Florida, jobless, and spent 3 or 4 months living off their credit cards and are now trying to get out from under the debt.

no offense taken. :heart: for the record, i bust my A$$ too.

but I agree with you. if we were smart about it, we could take a really, really nice vacation every year, for example. and we don't cause we spend our hard earned money on crap.

and we do have that whole baby thing which will be here sooner than you know it.

:tard:

i'm certainly not sayin' you don't...i just meant that we bust it around here just to keep afloat, let alone have leftovers. :fly:

that baby thing will hit you in the gut very quickly. i had almost four years between kids and i had forgotten a lot...methinks you're in for a rude reawakening! :fly: :heart: