omg SpyderGST is here!

Boy I just love only being able to post in my own thread. There are other interesting discussions going on (the RIM case - as an employee at another company that uses RIM pagers extensively, I'd love to chat with WAW about it in HIS THREAD). :) But I'm not complaining. (Or am I? :shifty: )

OK, RIM better not go under or we will be screwed - cause I am sure my co is not planning a replacement to jump to an alternate provider in time to prevent massive loss of productivity. We're all damn attached to these things. I have had one since 99 or so and am very quick at typing now (good or bad thing? who knows). I quit using IM on my PC since I essentially carry IM with me all the time.

SpyderGST said:
OK, RIM better not go under or we will be screwed - cause I am sure my co is not planning a replacement to jump to an alternate provider in time to prevent massive loss of productivity. We're all damn attached to these things. I have had one since 99 or so and am very quick at typing now (good or bad thing? who knows). I quit using IM on my PC since I essentially carry IM with me all the time.
It won't happen. Too much money involved. The company bitching about the patent will just get more money to shut up. However, the additional funds will only accelerate the demise of RIM, much like my rim.

I'm not sure the demise of RIM is a good thing. I haven't seen any competitors offering a better/similarly good product. (I can't spell for crap today).

From what I've read the cost of paying off the suing company is a huge burden on RIM though. It remains to be seen if they can afford to pay them and stay in business. They've been struggling for a while, IIRC.

SpyderGST said:
I'm not sure the demise of RIM is a good thing. I haven't seen any competitors offering a better/similarly good product. (I can't spell for crap today).

From what I've read the cost of paying off the suing company is a huge burden on RIM though. It remains to be seen if they can afford to pay them and stay in business. They've been struggling for a while, IIRC.
I was semi-referring to the info last week that M$ will allow a plugin or something for corporate employees to recieve their Excahnge email for free. That, combined with the huge payoff, may be a death sentence to RIM.