omg SpyderGST is here!

Yeah, its totally my fault that he didn't post in this thread. I guess I missed the forum permissions part of this new system. :tard:

He should be posting shortly, I think. :omy:

Tada!!! Yep, now I can post here.

Funny thing, I tried to post last night and couldn't, so I figured it was a timing issue with just (re)registering. I told myself I would just check on it today. I come back today, and MY WELCOME MESSAGE THREAD IS 3 PAGES LONG!

I feel so loved already. :)

And, yes, I am the same SpyderGST from [G] and have been to a few [G]atherings.

Yes, Spange is correct, F1 and guns - two of my favorite things.

I have been hanging around here a little while, but I never posted enough to get out of PG in the past.

So - here I am. Glad to be here.

SpyderGST said:
Tada!!! Yep, now I can post here.

Funny thing, I tried to post last night and couldn't, so I figured it was a timing issue with just (re)registering. I told myself I would just check on it today. I come back today, and MY WELCOME MESSAGE THREAD IS 3 PAGES LONG!

I feel so loved already. :)

And, yes, I am the same SpyderGST from [G] and have been to a few [G]atherings.

Yes, Spange is correct, F1 and guns - two of my favorite things.

I have been hanging around here a little while, but I never posted enough to get out of PG in the past.

So - here I am. Glad to be here.

So is it instant orgasm when you see a recoiless rifle mounted on an F1?

SpyderGST said:
No biggie - I ain't mad at ya'.

AND W-A-W, where were you today at the Intel tech demo? I was there.

I'd post this in WAW's Intel thread....but....Not yet :)

oh shit, I missed it! :(

any good freebies?

why_ask_why said:
oh shit, I missed it! :(

any good freebies?

The presentations were very high level, but this was their first time doing this and they were very interested in everyone's feedback on how to make it better next time. The most interestering presentations were the security one and the server chip roadmap readout.

There was only one vendor there (CSI) and they only had a coffee mug, Intel spaceman, Intel hat, and light-up bouncy ball. Intel had 4 PCs set up to play on - no stuff laying out. At the end, they gave out an Intel vinyl hand-bag that had a hat, notepad & pen, Intel-branded M&Ms, a few CDs with slides from the presentation, a copy of some robot-fighting game made specifically for the new Dual-core processors, and some white papers.

Intel did a drawing at the end a Sony Centrino laptop in a drawing,and 2 4-pack of tickets with 755 club access for a braves game. CSI did a drawing for 5 polo shirts, 5 sweatshirts, and a Centrino laptop. I didn't win any of these things :(

It started around 8:00 and ended around 1:30. They provided bagels and coffee in the morning and a sit-down buffet lunch.

Then they gave a tour of the stadium to those that wanted to.

All in all, not a great event. About 100 people there. Very structured.

Are you going to the AMD thing Thurs?

omg hey dude

Sorry I never got my buddy to work on your yard, thing started to go real bad with a couple clients. :o Hope all is well with you!

FlyNavy said:
omg hey dude

Sorry I never got my buddy to work on your yard, thing started to go real bad with a couple clients. :o Hope all is well with you!

No biggie, I've since hired my 15 year old next door neighbor kid. He needs the money and he's damn cheap ($15 for my yard with edging).

Hope things are well for you too.

why_ask_why said:
yeah, I'll be there...I better go find my email with the when/where so I don't miss this one too :mad:

I saw the swag-report on [G] and wasn't so impressed. And I am not buying a bundle, so I may skip this one.

I went to the last one and it wasn't as cool as their travelling show they did out at the airport and at the mall when they gave a ton of stuff away.