Baby Oh goodie....another planned parenthood video surfaces

if you take issue with the matter-of-fact cold detached way things are spoken about, consider that the way people in any field talk with "colleagues" is far different from how they would talk to others, e.g. patients.

when you're taking with someone who you believe to be in the same business as you, you speak in calculated and specific terms.

• Gravy
Reactions: gee
http://rhrealitycheck.org/article/2...hood-doctors-attack-videos-professional-cold/

excerpt
"For example, if someone is having a miscarriage and experiencing the loss of a desired pregnancy, it would be inappropriate for me to say to them: “You’re medically and clinically stable and have had a complete spontaneous abortion.” That is what I might say to a colleague, but to the patient I would say, “I am so sorry you are experiencing this loss. You are safe and though this will be a difficult time for you and your family, you will be well and able to try again in the future if and when you are ready.” Neither of these statements is more or less genuine than the other; they are just different ways of conveying the same facts in the best way for different situations.

When discussing surgical procedures, the same principles apply. I will discuss the basics of a cesarean section to my patient as well as the risks and potential complications, but I will not describe the minutiae of the procedure. I do not say, “First I use the scalpel to make a Pfannensteil incision in the skin which I take down through the subcutaneous fat to the fascia.” When teaching a medical student or a resident physician, I would be more anatomical and straightforward in this way to ensure clear and concise instructions, and in order to teach high-quality medical care. If my patient were to hear me speak this way, though, she would most likely be horrified at how cold and unfeeling I might seem when describing the process of delivering a baby. At the least, she would likely be confused or offended at the “grossness” of my terminology. But therein lies the difference in language when speaking to professional colleagues versus the general, non-medical audience."

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots
Right, because me poking fun at you is me enraged or something stupid like that.
you just seem to do it in multiple threads when you are in a bad mood. theres nothing to poke fun of here...ive started this convo by saying "i dont know much about this"

you just seem to do it in multiple threads when you are in a bad mood. theres nothing to poke fun of here...ive started this convo by saying "i dont know much about this"
You don't know me very well so how can you tell I am in a bad mood? Today was busy but far less stressful than it's been for the last two weeks while my boss is out of town. My son happily went to school and told me nice stories of him having good times with his friends and meeting new ones. So contrary to your wrong assumption I am in a great mood tonight.

I tend to get far more sarcastic and twit-like when I am in a geat mood. You were just a good subject for it today.

• Gravy
Reactions: Petunia