official vista launch tonight

1545be4096a68d0.png

RUH ROH!

19645be425597a1c.jpg

Brought about by your own bias and closed mindedness.
So my closed-mindedness caused driver incompatibility and some kind of nuclear meltdown on mission critical software? OK. Look, it may be the bee's knees for the home user, but OS X sucks pond water in a business environment. For what you get out of every new OS/release/big cat/whatever, its essentially a point release on a production workstation and a waste because most of the features won't get used. Now if they released some business edition of OS X with LTS of 5-10 years, then you might have something.

So my closed-mindedness caused driver incompatibility and some kind of nuclear meltdown on mission critical software? OK. Look, it may be the bee's knees for the home user, but OS X sucks pond water in a business environment. For what you get out of every new OS/release/big cat/whatever, its essentially a point release on a production workstation and a waste because most of the features won't get used. Now if they released some business edition of OS X with LTS of 5-10 years, then you might have something.

You said bee's knees.

That made me happy.

Can I tell you my favorite Matt Dillon story real quick?

Someone should write "I hereby give *enter their name* all my monies. Yours truly, Bill Gates" and cover that part with their hand, then have him sign the bottom.

I am running just vista theme and alone that seems to have dropped my fps on counter strike 1.6 but raised it in source, dunno how or if thats even possible.

A friend got his OEM copy friday and has been running it on his laptop since then. It does have some good improvements for those. For instance it has a sub hibernation mode (I forget what its called but the system comes back up in under 5 seconds and thats even before Readyboost was used. Ultimate also has a pretty nice DVD maker and he said that his battery last around 15% longer (hes running a 17 inch Inspiron XPS with a 6800 Pro)

I'm not in a rush to buy, but its only $200 for an OEM copy which he said allowed him to upgrade just fine on his laptop. I was going to buy an upgrade but now that its been shown that you have to install your old software first to use it thats out. I'm sure techs of the world are going to be cursing them for adding an additional 40 minutes of work to someone's computer too.

I am running just vista theme and alone that seems to have dropped my fps on counter strike 1.6 but raised it in source, dunno how or if thats even possible.

The drivers still have issues. It just depends on tons of things For instance my friends laptop rates higher on game performance than desktop performance. ATI's are decent but Nvidia's still need some work at the moment. Remember when 2000 came out and everyone's performance was lower for like six months? The same thing is happening right now with Vista.

The drivers still have issues. It just depends on tons of things For instance my friends laptop rates higher on game performance than desktop performance. ATI's are decent but Nvidia's still need some work at the moment. Remember when 2000 came out and everyone's performance was lower for like six months? The same thing is happening right now with Vista.

Well that sucks cause it was the quickest one to steal :fly:

time to search for new disc's to buyish