official vista launch tonight

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
I'm guessing opening sales might be kind of flat...why does anyone need this? there are no compelling reasons to buy at all other than letting MS start bullying you about DRM :rolleyes:

gates is going to be on the Daily Show tonight btw

dont worry. support and updates will end for XP and then everyone will have to buy it, corporate wise. its just a matter of time till MS sees the green rolling in.

I wonder how long they are obligated to continue support through their EULA? 2000 is still supported iirc, so it will be a number of years before they can pull the plug on XP

Windows XP SP3 is due to release in Q1 2008. EOL on support is slated for Dec. 31, 2014 on XP Pro. Home and MCE are supposed to be getting the same treatment, but it isn't official yet.

I won't be running out and buying a copy tonight, but I will be looking into procurring a copy for the office PC in the near future. Why you ask? Just so I can poke around the latest windoze. It's about the learnin' and then making money off of whatever weird shit MS does that breaks a clients PC and then they can call me in to repair it for them.
As an added note, why does MS charge, what I believe to be, such insane prices for their OS?

Vista just doesn't look to be a business OS.
interesting comment. is there an alternative though? you think this will push businesses towards something like a linux derivative?

from what i understand the new version of office presents a steep learning curve. perhaps we could see people starting to experiment with alternatives there also.

still, seems very unlikely.

I won't be running out and buying a copy tonight, but I will be looking into procurring a copy for the office PC in the near future. Why you ask? Just so I can poke around the latest windoze. It's about the learnin' and then making money off of whatever weird shit MS does that breaks a clients PC and then they can call me in to repair it for them.
As an added note, why does MS charge, what I believe to be, such insane prices for their OS?

btw, street prices are exactly half the suggested MSRP...

The same can be said for OSX.

Actually, its much more of a boon to businesses than it is to home users. The only thing home users have to look forward to is DX10. Everything else is useless to them.

Most businesses couldn't run Vista on their current computers. Most businesses make their computers last at the bare minimum two years. Two years is a long time with computer technology changing as fast as it does.