Obama's choice for CIA Chief???

Agencies, Administrations...

Anyway you wanna chop it up, the people in charge are hiding how badly they are fucking up by means of national security. Its like playing free poker online ;)

Administrations have the responsibility for this. Government Agencies are nothing more but extensions of the Administration.

Administrations have the responsibility for this. Government Agencies are nothing more but extensions of the Administration.

I will just blame it on the rain, yeah yeah :D

Seriously though, I enjoyed the debate today but I am about done. We have 2 completely different views and I respect both. Getting into whose responsible for what is admittedly over my head, I just wish SOMEONE would claim responsibility and make the "whoops, that was the butt" known. :p

I will just blame it on the rain, yeah yeah :D

Seriously though, I enjoyed the debate today but I am about done. We have 2 completely different views and I respect both. Getting into whose responsible for what is admittedly over my head, I just wish SOMEONE would claim responsibility and make the "whoops, that was the butt" known. :p

That's going to be every President we've had. Except maybe Harrison.

I'm not saying all of our government agencies aren't fucked up because they are all fucked up. And I don't get anything released to me. I'm just saying I don't care what kind of shady shit they do outside the US if it's producing any results at all which it is.

Even if it resulted in 9/11? We trained Osama and then just up and abandon him and his country when we were through with them. blowback++

looks like our very own sanjay gupta might be the surgeon general speaking of obama appointments...weird, I know him

Even if it resulted in 9/11? We trained Osama and then just up and abandon him and his country when we were through with them. blowback++

At the time helping Afghanistan was a huge humanitarian issue for the World. The Ruskies were basically wiping the locals off the map 1 by 1. The Administrations at the time would not risk WWIII with the USSR and would not fully arm Pakistan in fears of India relations but we did offer help it anyway we could. We had no idea at the time how Osama would turn out. Now believe me the Senate community really really fucked up by not building an infrastructure after the Soviets left but that was not a CIA issue it was an Administration/political one. At the time we had no idea what he would become. That's like saving someone from a burning building and 10 years later he murders a whole family. You can't blame yourself for saving him at the time but it was a good idea. And Osama is not Afgan he is a Saudi. He was forced out of the Kingdom to Afgan due to his terrorist actions.

Last edited:
At the time helping Afghanistan was a huge humanitarian issue for the World. The Ruskies were basically wiping the locals off the map 1 by 1. The Administrations at the time would not risk WWIII with the USSR and would not fully arm Pakistan in fears of India relations but we did offer help it anyway we could. We had no idea at the time how Osama would turn out. Now believe me the Senate community really really fucked up by not building an infrastructure after the Soviets left but that was not a CIA issue it was an Administration/political one. At the time we had no idea what he would become. That's like saving someone from a burning building and 10 years later he murders a whole family. You can't blame yourself for saving him at the time but it was a good idea. And Osama is not Afgan he is a Saudi. He was forced out of the Kingdom to Afgan due to his terrorist actions.

LOL, it wasn't a humanitarian issue, it was about killing Russians. You really should read Charlie Wilson's War - I doubt the movie was very good. And of course no one is a precog, but you just can't abandon people like that - and thats exactly what the CIA has historically done. I'd hope you'd be ashamed if you knew...

You don't understand? Really? Have you not been paying attention to what Obama has been doing? This is all about consolidation. First he announced that he wants to merge the DoD and NASA. This is part of the consolidation of information agencies into the DoHS. He's put a loyal Dem. yes man into position in the CIA and there will be ones at the FBI and NSA as well. They're there to help break down the combative culture between agencies and so that they can eventually all disappear under the DoHS.

I understand why he's doing this, its all about cost cutting and streamlining, just like any other merger. Is it really a good idea? We'll see.

I hope your right that it's a cost cutting move and not screwing up the Intelligence Service.

You say that because 90% of your national security/intel comes from us.

A lot countries can be thankful the U.S. spent the money on defense so that they didn't have to.

No the CIA does not do anything internal to the US. The FBI and DHS does internal items.

The CIA was used by the Tricky Dick administration to spy on the US citizens.

Corrupt yes, useless no. I've never claimed it's warm and fuzzy it's a very very dirty business. It's a necessary evil that comes with having a government. Their has been nasty espionage agencies since their has been government.

Gathering intelligence has always been a dirty business and it always will be. Unfortunately King Slick Willy didn't want to get his hands dirty. He move a lot of the money going to humint into satellites. While satellites are good for backing up humint and telling were you might need to put your valuable humint resources.

Yes the US backed some of the Mujahadeem groups. Osama Bin Laden was never one of them. We gave training on how to use the FIM-43 Redeye & FIM-92 Stinger SAMs to tack out the Soviets Hind series helicopters. The Hind, more then anything else, was what the Soviet military using to break Afghanistan.

Yes the US backed some of the Mujahadeem groups. Osama Bin Laden was never one of them. We gave training on how to use the FIM-43 Redeye & FIM-92 Stinger SAMs to tack out the Soviets Hind series helicopters. The Hind, more then anything else, was what the Soviet military using to break Afghanistan.

We gave them guns, stingers, and training - yes. We basically kept a shitload of factories in China running 24/7 to supply us/them with AK ammo.

Source on us not ever training OBL?

edit: Unless you're being a stickler and suggesting that ISI training isn't really CIA training...

Last edited:
We gave them guns, stingers, and training - yes. We basically kept a shitload of factories in China running 24/7 to supply us/them with AK ammo.

Source on us not ever training OBL?

edit: Unless you're being a stickler and suggesting that ISI training isn't really CIA training...

The CIA trainers were out of Afghanistan before OBL went there.

most lawyers don't have any true convictions, they just represent who's paying them...he probably couldn't give a shit about digital rights beyond a paycheck

True but he'll probably still be getting a paycheck after being appointed. It'll just go through more convoluted methods to get to his bank.