Obama's choice for CIA Chief???

Floptical

Doesnt Read Thread Titles
Sep 1, 2006
Rockies
Marklar
₥34,706
I'm all for Obama and I'm looking forward to all of his changes but I'm a little bit bothered by his appointment Leon Panetta to head up the CIA. This man has zero Intel experience and this is not the job or the time that you have chances learn as you go. I'm just don't want to see national security pushed to the back burner to the point that we get bit in the ass again. Anyone else have any inputs about this or the Intel agencies in general?

Last edited:
I don't get this whole national security BS. Yeah you got burned once, yeah it was terrible, but your government's been playing on it ever since. They manage to revoke your rights and make you fearful in your own homes in order to get what they want. The more national security is put on a back burner the better if you ask me. Countrys are permanently trying to keep themselves safe, very occasionally somebody will slip through the net. Nothing in this life is definate, hence why the occasional 9/11 happens. Shit happens, and that's the truth. Quit worrying about it.

I doubt the CIA would tolerate a total useless person as their leader. They'd just make him a figurehead and another person in the ranks would do the real work.

I doubt the CIA would tolerate a total useless person as their leader. They'd just make him a figurehead and another person in the ranks would do the real work.

Yes but at the same time Obama is wanting to rebuild most of DC (which is really needs) but you need to make sure it's done the correct way or you are just wasting time and money.

You don't understand? Really? Have you not been paying attention to what Obama has been doing? This is all about consolidation. First he announced that he wants to merge the DoD and NASA. This is part of the consolidation of information agencies into the DoHS. He's put a loyal Dem. yes man into position in the CIA and there will be ones at the FBI and NSA as well. They're there to help break down the combative culture between agencies and so that they can eventually all disappear under the DoHS.

I understand why he's doing this, its all about cost cutting and streamlining, just like any other merger. Is it really a good idea? We'll see.

I don't get this whole national security BS. Yeah you got burned once, yeah it was terrible, but your government's been playing on it ever since. They manage to revoke your rights and make you fearful in your own homes in order to get what they want. The more national security is put on a back burner the better if you ask me. Countrys are permanently trying to keep themselves safe, very occasionally somebody will slip through the net. Nothing in this life is definate, hence why the occasional 9/11 happens. Shit happens, and that's the truth. Quit worrying about it.

You say that because 90% of your national security/intel comes from us.

You don't understand? Really? Have you not been paying attention to what Obama has been doing? This is all about consolidation. First he announced that he wants to merge the DoD and NASA. This is part of the consolidation of information agencies into the DoHS. He's put a loyal Dem. yes man into position in the CIA and there will be ones at the FBI and NSA as well. They're there to help break down the combative culture between agencies and so that they can eventually all disappear under the DoHS.

I understand why he's doing this, its all about cost cutting and streamlining, just like any other merger. Is it really a good idea? We'll see.

So it's about cutting down costs? Doesn't sound like a bad idea right now. What a smart guy!

:lol: Good job, 7/11.

Ohhhh.

Actually the 7/11 was all internal to the UK we didn't have our hands in it until after it happened and they asked for our help. We did provide you all the info to stop the group that was attempting to bomb the planes with the water bottles and camera flashes.

No matter who he is, as with any party politician he has to make his choice based on what his party tells him and he also has to full fill the promises to people he made to get into office or risk being deadlocked nonstop and unable to really do much of anything. The interests of the everyday citizens is way down on the list of concerns when doing appointments. That's why I hate the two parties stranglehold on our government.

There have been other CIA chiefs with little or no intelligence experience.

I'm not arguing that fact at all I just think that this is the one of the most volatile times for intel since the height of the cold war and with the world economy being total crap and various other items the potential for rouge groups to use them as a recruiting tool is very high. So the need for strong Agencies is a must.

I'm not arguing that fact at all I just think that this is the one of the most volatile times for intel since the height of the cold war and with the world economy being total crap and various other items the potential for rouge groups to use them as a recruiting tool is very high. So the need for strong Agencies is a must.

I think it just shows the continued uselessness of the CIA. A lot of our "intel" is bought from other agencies who actually know how to perform it. The CIA has been filled with failures and blind judgments from the start.

edit: And besides, the head of the CIA has always been a political position. From what I've read most of the decisions are made several layers of protection below the figurehead.

Last edited: