GAY Obama officially endorses same-sex marriage.

Did you expect him not to try and do damage control? You really can't find fault with that, can you?

What damage control? What apology tour? His stance was going to come out on his interview on The View today, but Biden's statement accelerated the decision to come out of the closet.

It's less that and more of bad timing. Trying to get anything that large to pass during a special session is next to impossible. It doesn't go through the standard channels it gets voted on by sub committees. It was approved by the Judiciary, Finance and Appropriations committee but was killed by the State Veterans & Military Affairs Committee. Best bet would to just bring it up during a regular session.

They did the first time. It was filibustered (at the expense of many other bills) to not even be taken up to a vote.

If that isn't animous to a specific group of people, I don't know what is.

What damage control? What apology tour? His stance was going to come out on his interview on The View today, but Biden's statement accelerated the decision to come out of the closet.

I think it's less on his stance and more on the timing of the release. He's getting hammered by people basically calling BS on the timing due to political motivations vs actually caring about the issue.

This is actually very surprising to me. Here is the list of countries that allow same sex marriage. For some reason I expected alot more. Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Iceland, the Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, South Africa, and Sweden.

Why would you expect more?

Keep your eye on South America. Chile, Brazil, and others are passing through lots of equality protections and adoption and partnership rights through the courts and legislation right now.

I think it's less on his stance and more on the timing of the release. He's getting hammered by people basically calling BS on the timing due to political motivations vs actually caring about the issue.

Oh, that's 100% the case. He has been pro-equal rights for decades now. This coming out is a political move to capitalize on differentiating himself from the GOP and getting on the bandwagon of new support for equal rights. He was in the closet this whole time because a pro-gay stance is usually a deal-breaker in getting elected. With the GOP so vehemently anti-gay in this term (even more so than George Bush era), it now make political sense to be on the side of equal rights for all.

They did the first time. It was filibustered (at the expense of many other bills) to not even be taken up to a vote.

If that isn't animous to a specific group of people, I don't know what is.

They do the same thing with alot of hot issues here. (Same sex issues, weed, fracking, etc.) It's not just them being anti gay rights. It seems to me more like some of the current people are too worried to put their ass on the line for any hot issue. The only reason it even made it to a committee this time was due to one vote. It came from a legislator who voted no every time in the past and being very vocal about it; but being her last term and not re-running for her seat she voted yes this time.

Why would you expect more?

Keep your eye on South America. Chile, Brazil, and others are passing through lots of equality protections and adoption and partnership rights through the courts and legislation right now.

Maybe it wasn't that I expected more but I did expect larger countries who actually have some pull in the world.

Maybe it wasn't that I expected more but I did expect larger countries who actually have some pull in the world.

Nope. Russia in actually passing around a bill to outlaw "homosexual propaganda" nationally. Banning stores with rainbows, holding hands, pride events, etc.

Nope. Russia in actually passing around a bill to outlaw "homosexual propaganda" nationally. Banning stores with rainbows, holding hands, pride events, etc.

That's not surprising though. They are really only a few steps from becoming the USSR again.

Did you expect him not to try and do damage control? You really can't find fault with that, can you?

of course he can. his job as a right wing shill is to find fault in everything obama does. EVERYTHING. even the stuff he might agree with. even the stuff that was the gop's idea in the first place. even the stuff that no one in their right mind can argue against. if he can't find fault with it his job is to twist the facts around until it seems like he did something wrong and completely ignore the fact that his preferred politicians and news networks have done and are still doing the exact same thing. selective rage is the way of the conservative these days.

damage control with religious people. it would be nice if he told them to fuck off or at least reminded them that jesus didn't say a fucking thing about homosexuality but that's not likely

damage control with religious people. it would be nice if he told them to fuck off or at least reminded them that jesus didn't say a fucking thing about homosexuality but that's not likely

lol not even the most powerful man alive can correct a christian on what the bible says.

And the deciding vote was from a GOP member (obviously) with a gay son. I blame his son for not informing his father about how the world works and to make up his own mind and what his voter constituents say instead of following what the GOP says.

How does one decide who it is that has the deciding vote? Doesn't everyone get one vote? Is it the last person or just the guy who hasn't admitted how he is going to vote? Regardless, you don't think it is possible that a Republican guy has Republican constituents that didn't want this? Who knows why he voted the way he did.

lol not even the most powerful man alive can correct a christian on what the bible says.

What about the pope?

How does one decide who it is that has the deciding vote? Doesn't everyone get one vote? Is it the last person or just the guy who hasn't admitted how he is going to vote? Regardless, you don't think it is possible that a Republican guy has Republican constituents that didn't want this? Who knows why he voted the way he did.

What about the pope?
He was the last vote taken and it wsa 4-4 before him. And polling in Colorado showed a majority of Republicans wanted civil unions. It just isn't the national GOP platform to support gay and women's rights so he just followed in line.

He was the last vote taken and it wsa 4-4 before him. And polling in Colorado showed a majority of Republicans wanted civil unions. It just isn't the national GOP platform to support gay and women's rights so he just followed in line.

Did you ask him? Who's polls? I've seen polls that are all over the place on this issue. There's a reason why gay rights are shot down almost every time it goes to referendum. The tides are turning, but it's slow and last time I checked Colorado still leaned to the conservative side. And what about those other 4 guys? Are they not at all to blame for this just because they voted first?

Did you ask him? Who's polls? I've seen polls that are all over the place on this issue. There's a reason why gay rights are shot down almost every time it goes to referendum. The tides are turning, but it's slow and last time I checked Colorado still leaned to the conservative side. And what about those other 4 guys? Are they not at all to blame for this just because they voted first?

The last time this was opened to the Colorado public to vote on was 2006. Then the general public voted to ban it. Since there hasn't been a public vote since then they based their votes off what the public said last time.

Here is a quote from Rep. Coram who was the "deciding vote"

"What you're asking me to do here is invalidate the vote of six years ago," Coram said. "I'm concerned that the gay community is being used as a political pawn. For four years we had a Democrat governor, a Democrat house and a Democrat Senate. The issue never came up. It only came up when we got a split house."

"What you're asking me to do here is invalidate the vote of six years ago," Coram said. "I'm concerned that the gay community is being used as a political pawn. For four years we had a Democrat governor, a Democrat house and a Democrat Senate. The issue never came up. It only came up when we got a split house."

:waw:

Yeah nothing major was happening then that absorbed the attention of almost every politician in America.

So CO wasn't effected by the Foreclosures/GFC? I find that hard to believe.

The housing market here hardly took a readable hit. The values here were never over inflated as well as the there was no huge job losses due to there being such a variety of work here. Actually a crap ton of companies have moved their operations to Denver from the coasts due to this.