WTF Obama is crazy for sayin it, but good for him. v.WTC

Status
Not open for further replies.
What they "did it for" doesn't exemplify the entire religion. If they brought it down in the name of Legos, would people be pissed if Legos were sold two blocks from there? No. It seems to me that the reason people are so pissed is just ignorance/blind rage.

Such an obvious point yet missed by many apparently.

I may well do so. I've already read much of this media and I'm not convinced that he is far more anti-religious than Dawkins. In any case this is only one guy, I seem to recall that you knew of "lots" of people who were "much" more anti-religion than Dawkins.

Not really sure what the point of this argument is btw except you trying to prove a point which is clearly false.

False? It's right there in fucking black and fucking white! Richard Dawkins is not anti-theist.

Jesus fucking wept.

What they "did it for" doesn't exemplify the entire religion. If they brought it down in the name of Legos, would people be pissed if Legos were sold two blocks from there? No. It seems to me that the reason people are so pissed is just ignorance/blind rage.

i'm going to have an issue with any religion building anything as long as that shits not taxed.

Don't forget political points.

People like Palin will undermine American values whenever she thinks she can gain more voting support.

That can tend to tear a country apart. More importantly, the Framers were tired of that shit. It's worked pretty well so far...

its only worked as long as that religion was Christianity or some vague offshoot of it (shit, people hated/still hate catholics). look what we did to those savage indians...

look how much we ridicule scientology... even if it is based on some freaky alien idea and was completely brainstormed by some dude 60 years ago, still makes a shit ton more since than knytes silly religion.

Actually Palin was, shockingly, spot on in her Twitter post. Oddly enough, she was also inline with what the President said, regardless of what Faux News may having us believe.

This was spot on?

"Peace-seeking Muslims, pls understand, Ground Zero mosque is UNNECESSARY provocation; it stabs hearts. Pls reject it in interest of healing,"

False? It's right there in fucking black and fucking white! Richard Dawkins is not anti-theist.

Jesus fucking wept.

I don't give a fuck if one person coins the term 'anti-theist' to describe themselves. It doesn't mean he's more anti-religion than Dawkins. Have you even read The God Delusion and how he systematically describes the ways in which religion is bad for the world? Do you know how much he does to promote rational thinking and avoidance of religion for young people etc?

You're just trying to make out you and your heroes are somehow more extreme.

its only worked as long as that religion was Christianity or some vague offshoot of it (shit, people hated/still hate catholics). look what we did to those savage indians...

look how much we ridicule scientology... even if it is based on some freaky alien idea and was completely brainstormed by some dude 60 years ago, still makes a shit ton more since than knytes silly religion.
There is nothing wrong with a religion surrounding smurf pr0n, good sir.
This was spot on?

That wasn't the one I was speaking of, but yes. It's their RIGHT as Americans to do it. But just because you have a right to do something, doesn't always mean you should...

I don't give a fuck if one person coins the term 'anti-theist' to describe themselves. It doesn't mean he's more anti-religion than Dawkins. Have you even read The God Delusion and how he systematically describes the ways in which religion is bad for the world? Do you know how much he does to promote rational thinking and avoidance of religion for young people etc?

I think you mean XTREME

Oh give me a fucking break. If you don't know what anti-theist means then you should be in a argument like this. Go and read some shit.

There is nothing wrong with a religion surrounding smurf pr0n, good sir.

That wasn't the one I was speaking of, but yes. It's their RIGHT as Americans to do it. But just because you have a right to do something, doesn't always mean you should...

Why shouldn't they?

And why do these political fuckheads always speak for dead people like they knew the dead people? all of those who died on 9/11 might love the idea of an Islamic center there.

Why shouldn't they?

I understand that they are trying to make a point that they want a place to grieve near ground zero, but sometimes...

And there are serious monetary reasons they shouldn't either. That place is going to require $$$ to secure from everything from protests to bricks and bombs. It's not a smart move, but certainly one that no form of government should block.

I understand that they are trying to make a point that they want a place to grieve near ground zero, but sometimes...

And there are serious monetary reasons they shouldn't either. That place is going to require $$$ to secure from everything from protests to bricks and bombs. It's not a smart move, but certainly one that no form of government should block.

I believe they have been wanting to build this place since before 9/11.

And yeah they may have a right wing nut come and vandalize the place a few times, but nothing they can't handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.