WTF Obama is crazy for sayin it, but good for him. v.WTC

Status
Not open for further replies.
they brought it down in the name of islam though... kind of a cockslap to everyone who died there.

also, 19 more crazed people are now thinking "HOLY SHIT IF WE BRING DOWN THIS OTHER PLACE THEY WILL BE A MOSQUE!! SUPER AWESOME JIHADI WIN!"

You mean like the Muslims who died there?

Of course it has. Religion (still) helps people explain the unexplainable. It used to be thunder and lightning. Now its the spark of life itself. Dawkins termed it "God of the Gaps". Whatever you call it, God(s) make it easy to explain things.

Liam is probably the only person who makes Richard Dawkins sound pro-religion. :D

Saying Bullshit doesn't validate your statement either.

Do you actually agree with Liam or are you just trying to get smart with me? :D

Anyhoo if you (meaning: "you" in general rather than you specifically) have read "The God Delusion" and know Dawkins' enmity for and campaign against religion, and how he is a prophet of rationalism/science, you would know there are few more vehemently atheist and anti-religion than he. I assume Liam believes that because Dawkins doesn't advocate blowing up all religious buildings whereas he does, that means he is much more atheist than him. Whereas, it actually just means that he wants to use more extreme short-term measures, rather than gradually extinguishing religion through education and logic, as the likes of Dawkins favour.

The point is there will be few individuals more ardently anti-religion than Dawkins and certainly not with such a powerful voice.

Is that more to your liking? :D

Do you actually agree with Liam or are you just trying to get smart with me? :D

Anyhoo if you (meaning: "you" in general rather than you specifically) have read "The God Delusion" and know Dawkins' enmity for and campaign against religion, and how he is a prophet of rationalism/science, you would know there are few more vehemently atheist and anti-religion than he. I assume Liam believes that because Dawkins doesn't advocate blowing up all religious buildings whereas he does, that means he is much more atheist than him. Whereas, it actually just means that he wants to use more extreme short-term measures, rather than gradually extinguishing religion through education and logic, as the likes of Dawkins favour.

The point is there will be few individuals more ardently anti-religion than Dawkins and certainly not with such a powerful voice.

Is that more to your liking? :D

Dawkins is an Atheist. If you want to know of people who are more anti-religion than Dawkins, look at Anti-Theists such as Christopher Hitchens. That will also give you a good understanding of where my thoughts on religion lie.

Dawkins is an Atheist. If you want to know of people who are more anti-religion than Dawkins, look at Anti-Theists such as Christopher Hitchens. That will also give you a good understanding of where my thoughts on religion lie.

yes I've heard of him. He is the guy who wants the Pope to be arrested when he visits the UK, correct? I'll admit I'm not amazingly familiar with his work but I'm sure he will not be quantitatively more anti-religion than Dawkins. Unless, as I said, you're talking more about the methods to get rid of religion, rather than how strongly one disagrees with it.

To humour you though I'll look up Hitchens now. :D

well the review of "God Is Not Great" had pretty much the same arguments that all atheists use. Just because he calls himself an "anti-theist" doesn't mean he is more extreme. In fact one of the quotes says that he would allow religions to survive if he was sure they would leave him alone.

well the review of "God Is Not Great" had pretty much the same arguments that all atheists use. Just because he calls himself an "anti-theist" doesn't mean he is more extreme. In fact one of the quotes says that he would allow religions to survive if he was sure they would leave him alone.

You should actually read the book. In the meantime there is plenty of media on Hitchens on the web for you to become more accustomed with him.

they brought it down in the name of islam though... kind of a cockslap to everyone who died there.

also, 19 more crazed people are now thinking "HOLY SHIT IF WE BRING DOWN THIS OTHER PLACE THEY WILL BE A MOSQUE!! SUPER AWESOME JIHADI WIN!"

What they "did it for" doesn't exemplify the entire religion. If they brought it down in the name of Legos, would people be pissed if Legos were sold two blocks from there? No. It seems to me that the reason people are so pissed is just ignorance/blind rage.

You should actually read the book. In the meantime there is plenty of media on Hitchens on the web for you to become more accustomed with him.

I may well do so. I've already read much of this media and I'm not convinced that he is far more anti-religious than Dawkins. In any case this is only one guy, I seem to recall that you knew of "lots" of people who were "much" more anti-religion than Dawkins.

Not really sure what the point of this argument is btw except you trying to prove a point which is clearly false.

Status
Not open for further replies.