WTF Obama is crazy for sayin it, but good for him. v.WTC

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got factories closing down/ Where the hell did all the good jobs go? Well, I'll tell you where they went/My contributors make more profits hirin' kids in Mexico/ Oh a brother can work in fast food/ If he can't invent computer games/ But what we used to call America/ That's going down the drains/How's a young man gonna meet his financial responsibilities workin and motherfuckin Burger King? He ain't! And please don't even start with that school shit/ There aint no education going on up in that motherfucker/ Obscenity? We got a million brothers in prison/ I mean, the walls are really rockin/But you can bet your ass they'd all be out/If they could pay for Johnny Cochran/ The constitution is supposed to give them an equal chance/ Well, that ain't gonna happen for sure/ Ain't it time to take a little from the rich motherfucker and give a little to the poor? I mean, those boys over there on the monitor/ they want a government smaller and weak/ but they be speakin for the richest 20 percent when they pretend they're defendin the meek/ Now, shit, fuck, cocksuker, that's the real obscenity/ Black folks livin with every day/ Trying to believe a mothefuckin word Democrats and Republicans say

I've decided to start a tax exempt nonprofit and solicit donations to do something I'm passionate about. If I'm successful, there will be a paralegal position opening in Dallas.

What's the general population of Detroit? Poor & Black?
How educated are these people?

So, how do you expect these people to have any chance at filling these positions that they aren't even remotely qualified for?

You missed this part

This isn't even including walk in jobs such as retail and food services

And if you're older than 25, it's your own fault for not educating yourself enough to get a job.

What's the general population of Detroit? Poor & Black?

How educated are these people?

So, how do you expect these people to have any chance at filling these positions that they aren't even remotely qualified for?

You missed this part

This isn't even including walk in jobs such as retail and food services

And if you're older than 25, it's your own fault for not educating yourself enough to get a job.
Ok. You said the 1000+ jobs that are still open DON'T include the walk in positions, well then where is the statistics for them?

In regards to the second part of your reply, this is common sense, but at this time, Detroit is so beyond crime riddled that people just don't have the incentive to care. I watched a documentary about how some people are making it - barely - and it was just appalling.

Ok. You said the 1000+ jobs that are still open DON'T include the walk in positions, well then where is the statistics for them?

In regards to the second part of your reply, this is common sense, but at this time, Detroit is so beyond crime riddled that people just don't have the incentive to care. I watched a documentary about how some people are making it - barely - and it was just appalling.

I haven't posted statistics. That was simply one website's listings of job openings. That didn't include a single job available that didn't use monster.com as a hiring source (lots of larger companies don't use job sites like monster) so there's even more.

The only statistic that is easily available is the unemployment rate. But that doesn't take into account a lot of factors (like the aforementioned 4 reasons that people haven't found a job.)

I haven't posted statistics. That was simply one website's listings of job openings. That didn't include a single job available that didn't use monster.com as a hiring source (lots of larger companies don't use job sites like monster) so there's even more.

The only statistic that is easily available is the unemployment rate. But that doesn't take into account a lot of factors (like the aforementioned 4 reasons that people haven't found a job.)

I think they may feel doomed over there, who knows?

Monster is riddled with spam now.

Another thing that is fucked up, is the amount of recruiters instead of the actual companies that are contacting you. And agencies...they want you to come in, sure, but they REALLY want you to fill that position.
I can tell you for sure that at least a few large corporations ONLY hire through outside recruiters and agencies.

Other than the employee referrals of course.

I think these days the only way to get hired is from a referrals. Thinking back to anyone who's be hired on my team it's been 100% referrals.

I can tell you for sure that at least a few large corporations ONLY hire through outside recruiters and agencies.

Other than the employee referrals of course.

that's generally our practice here. you can terminate at will if they are temp to perm through a recruiter. once you're in it's nigh impossible to get canned because of the 1000 layers of HR

No the mosque is twelve blocks away. Where this radical imam wants to build was a former Burlington Coat factory. Part of the fuselage and one of the landing gears from the plane that flew into the South Tower crashed through the roof of said factory.

Ok, but so what?

Yet this same imam, if he had his way would have us all practicing Islam as our faith. Not just any version Islam, but his version of Islam or death.

Uhhh, that's what freedom is all about dude. He's allowed to think whatever he wants, just like you. Ever heard, "I may not agree with what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it"? I find it disgusting that as a red blooded American, you wouldn't agree with that.

Nice straw man argument. :rolleyes: None of the Founding Fathers would make a deal with the devil.

Ironic that you would put those two sentences together since the second one has nothing to do with what you were quoting.

Have you looked at any polls on the subject? It doesn't matter if it NYC poll or nationwide poll. The majority of Americans are against it. While the Constitution is supposed to protect the minority against the tyranny of the majority. In this case the majority is right.

The Cynical Brilliance of Imam Rauf

I can only assume that you're being intentionally thick here. My comment was, "But if that's what the majority of people wanted, they built a system into the Constitution to allow it." Meaning that the Framers didn't want a national religion in the Constitution, but give us the option to change that within the framework if the country so desired.

The post had NOTHING to do with the mosque being built. There are currently no laws preventing it from being built, so I'll be God damned if government should stop it.

Status
Not open for further replies.