Thread Obama finally weighs in on Tuscon

The idea that the civilians in this country could stop the US military with any type of weaponry is fucking laughable. The only way you are not going to get crushed by the US military is when the commanding officers refuse orders.

or mass desertion but yeah, you're very right

FDR was the first and only president to ignore Washington's 2 term policy. Even the Democrats did want any president/demigod to serve more than 2 terms. Which is why the 22nd is in the Constitution. Just as BHO could follow Clinton's example on weapon regulation.

"Could"...

Exactly. Had the citizens been allowed to keep up with the military of the government, we would actually be following the 2nd amendment and this wouldn't be an issue.

Doesn't matter.. It's not the weapons that make the US army so strong. It's the organization.

The idea that the civilians in this country could stop the US military with any type of weaponry is fucking laughable. The only way you are not going to get crushed by the US military is when the commanding officers refuse orders.

Meh, I can see it from both sides.

Look how much trouble we're having with "insurgents", for example. Granted, you could make the argument "but that's a police action!", and you'd be right, but the goal of the US government, in whatever form it took on, would not be to wipe out its citizens in an all out war. It would shift to small skirmishes/resistance fighting at some point, probably quickly, at which point large machines of war (tanks, helicopters, missiles, etc) become substantially less effective.

However, in an all out confrontation between armed citizens and an organized and armed military force the military would ALWAYS win. It's been that way since the dawn of time.

Doesn't matter.. It's not the weapons that make the US army so strong. It's the organization.

True, but the 2nd amendment is supposed to protect citizens that if they do want to organize, they can, and they should be able to have arms when organizing. I just don't like it's only limited to guns.

Dumbasses, I am agreeing with you both, but it should be amended for the 21st century. I am saying HOW they are armed, not whether they are armed or not. It shouldn't be just about guns, but ALL arms.

It HAS been amended for the 21st century, through numerous other laws and restrictions.

Look how much trouble we're having with "insurgents", for example. Granted, you could make the argument "but that's a police action!", and you'd be right, but the goal of the US government, in whatever form it took on, would not be to wipe out its citizens in an all out war. It would shift to small skirmishes/resistance fighting at some point, probably quickly, at which point large machines of war (tanks, helicopters, missiles, etc) become substantially less effective.

However, in an all out confrontation between armed citizens and an organized and armed military force the military would ALWAYS win. It's been that way since the dawn of time.

I beg to differ. Our own independence was fought and won versus an organized military, matter of fact the best military in the world at the time.

The US could crush those insurgents. All they'd have to do with bomb the ever living shit out of the neighbouring countries. But that will just create more terrorism. Complex war is complex.

most civilians can't afford any of the sh*t anyway so it's a moot point.

Because it's f*cking restricted, so the stuff becomes more pricey. The stuff that's not is in danger of being restricted so it's price goes up. 9mm ammo used to be $5 for 50 rounds just a few years ago. Now $11 is as cheap as I can find brass.

Last edited: