Thread Obama finally weighs in on Tuscon

No one is going to take away the guns.. Jesus fucking christ that attitude is pissing me off because you make the gun ammo retailers jack up the prices.. quit that bullshit already..

Hey this was a long time ago, but do you remember Bill Clinton? Oh wait that was not very long ago. A lot of his stuff was vetoed, but had it not been we'd be VERY restricted. Including stupid "smart" guns.

You should see the stuff that's being proposed in MA, GPS trackers built into every gun, microstamping.... :lol:

lol

Clintons use of Executive Orders is what worries me. I don't think Obama will do that on this term, or even try. I'm not sure what he'll do if re-elected.

During his term, President Clinton also used the power of executive orders to implement gun control policies. On April 6, 1998 Clinton signed an order that permanently banned the importation of more than 50 semiautomatic "assault weapons".[9] In 1999 White House domestic policy chief Bruce D. Reed said, "The country is tired of waiting for Congress to respond to the tragedy in Littleton. The administration is going to do every thing in its power to make progress on guns."[10] In 2001 Clinton also used executive orders to ban the importation of "assault pistols" and tighten licensing rules on gun dealers.[11] Many accused Clinton of overuse of the executive power on gun control issues.

I like Rachael Maddow's idea about gun laws. If the 2nd amendment is to be taken literally, full access to ANY and all weaponry should be allowed. Only because guns were the most forceful weaponry available when the constitution was drafted was it included, but if the purpose is to protect your house and your state from government or outside forces attacking, you have the right to defend your property. If that is right is to be exercised, ANY type of weaponry should be allowed to be used. Guns, missiles, bombs, etc, to any citizen of the states.

Thus why I asked this question because I knew there was no way you could soundly answer it.

Best I can find is around 31k people died in fatal accidents in 2009, of which like 40% were alchohol related.

so I guess we should outlaw alcohol. Again. Banning shit totally works, and so does regulation cause we didn't get shit faced every weekend in high school or college because we weren't 21 yet.

Best I can find is around 31k people died in fatal accidents in 2009, of which like 40% were alchohol related.

so I guess we should outlaw alcohol. Again. Banning shit totally works, and so does regulation cause we didn't get shit faced every weekend in high school or college because we weren't 21 yet.

I didn't :confused:

I like Rachael Maddow's idea about gun laws. If the 2nd amendment is to be taken literally, full access to ANY and all weaponry should be allowed. Only because guns were the most forceful weaponry available when the constitution was drafted was it included, but if the purpose is to protect your house and your state from government or outside forces attacking, you have the right to defend your property. If that is right is to be exercised, ANY type of weaponry should be allowed to be used. Guns, missiles, bombs, etc, to any citizen of the states.

Let's look at some quotes from Thomas Jefferson, who helped write the second amendment. I think he was pretty clear.

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms..disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.-Thomas Jefferson

Most bad government has grown out of too much government.-Thomas Jefferson
"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed."
--Thomas Jefferson to John Cartwright, 1824.

"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the Body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind . . . Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks."
--Thomas Jefferson, Letter to his nephew Peter Carr, August 19, 1785.

Last edited:
Hey this was a long time ago, but do you remember Bill Clinton? Oh wait that was not very long ago. A lot of his stuff was vetoed, but had it not been we'd be VERY restricted. Including stupid "smart" guns.

Last I checked, Bill Clinton wasn't the current President.

I'm pro gun, so I'm on the same side of the fence as you on this debate. I just thought bringing up fast cars killing people was stupid.

Last edited:
Let's look at some quotes from Thomas Jefferson, who helped write the second amendment. I think he was pretty clear.

This is the way the amendment was written, not that dingbats 'idea.'

:waw:

Dumbasses, I am agreeing with you both, but it should be amended for the 21st century. I am saying HOW they are armed, not whether they are armed or not. It shouldn't be just about guns, but ALL arms.

Last edited:
The idea that the civilians in this country could stop the US military with any type of weaponry is fucking laughable. The only way you are not going to get crushed by the US military is when the commanding officers refuse orders.