WTF O.H.I.O. is a Shithole.

Yeah, I meant literally walking too. All those things I listed are within a mile of my house.

Just to clarify for you, I was making a distinction on things less than 1/4 mile from my house. Not just walking distance of a mile or two. If it is closer to a mile, I'd rather bike. I'm literally a couple blocks from what I said. I get you are close to things, but I just have to say how lucky I am to have some really awesome stuff almost right out my back yard since that stuff I will walk to in less time it would take to drive.

Our concert stuff is further away and honestly I am glad to have that extra mile. I can still hear stupid concerts in the outdoor venues from our house.

I meant when she was there. Thanks to gentrification CVG has defiantly improved leaps and bounds the past few years.

That market is older than dirt. Almost literally and has been around since the 1850s IIRC.

Farmers Markets here are easy to find and we have even more in the summer when there is even more local produce to be found.

Kind of shocked to hear about the drama with Mikey, I swore I met him at least once or twice and he seemed rather normal. I guess people put on good faces at times so you don't really get to know them.

Just to clarify for you, I was making a distinction on things less than 1/4 mile from my house. Not just walking distance of a mile or two. If it is closer to a mile, I'd rather bike. I'm literally a couple blocks from what I said. I get you are close to things, but I just have to say how lucky I am to have some really awesome stuff almost right out my back yard since that stuff I will walk to in less time it would take to drive.

Our concert stuff is further away and honestly I am glad to have that extra mile. I can still hear stupid concerts in the outdoor venues from our house.

That market is older than dirt. Almost literally and has been around since the 1850s IIRC.

Farmers Markets here are easy to find and we have even more in the summer when there is even more local produce to be found.

Kind of shocked to hear about the drama with Mikey, I swore I met him at least once or twice and he seemed rather normal. I guess people put on good faces at times so you don't really get to know them.

Yeah, our grocery store is like right across the street, the mall is about a 5 minute walk, we have 4 restaurants that are quicker to walk to than they are to drive to. The concert pavilion is a bit further, it's about a 10 minute walk. The parks are all really close, 5 to 10 minutes tops. I get what you are saying. I'm saying we live in a similar area. Columbia is a unique town where everything is close but it doesn't feel like a city at all.

Mikey lied a lot. Many of us were taken in by him. Some got screwed. I'm not one of them, but it sounds like there were several that were.

I guess I didn't really mean farmers markets. I guess what I meant was more like road side produce stands. Sure, there were farmers markets if you wanted to drive into the city. Uck.

It is had to find homes in specific areas like that though - even within the "right" city if you know what I mean. A 1/2 mile up the road and I would not be walking as much. I do walk more in the winter... biking is out so that subtle 1/2 mile difference like to my dad's can make a huge difference for me.

My brother lives near you and I sort of see what you mean about it. He isn't quite as close as you are to things which I didn't like as much. Plus the roads that we had to cross to get to said areas were bigger roads than I am used to crossing. That's my negative for his specific area. It's nice, the neighbors seem rather nice, but not quite as "close community" feeling as I am used to. But I wouldn't get that feel even 2 miles away from here.

Obviously I didn't get screwed by Mikey either. I just thought he was a nice guy the few times I saw him. I'll have to ask Luis more.

Around here we have a lot of smaller markets too. They aren't open all the time though since they are smaller more "roadside" (as roadside as you can get for a small city LOL). Most of the cities surrounding Columbus have them too at least seasonally. Otherwise there are a lot of crop sharing we can get into as well as buying cattle by portions if you like too. Shocking that Cincy didn't have more of that, though a little more north of Cincy (flatter land) is what I consider real farm land area.

Yeah, our grocery store is like right across the street, the mall is about a 5 minute walk, we have 4 restaurants that are quicker to walk to than they are to drive to. The concert pavilion is a bit further, it's about a 10 minute walk. The parks are all really close, 5 to 10 minutes tops. I get what you are saying. I'm saying we live in a similar area. Columbia is a unique town where everything is close but it doesn't feel like a city at all.

Mikey lied a lot. Many of us were taken in by him. Some got screwed. I'm not one of them, but it sounds like there were several that were.

I guess I didn't really mean farmers markets. I guess what I meant was more like road side produce stands. Sure, there were farmers markets if you wanted to drive into the city. Uck.

Huh? When I drove into the neighborhood, I didn't see any of this stuff. You have to walk out of the subdivision first to "walk" somewhere.

oh, I thought :thrawn: was a good dude last time I knew anything about him

maybe people change? I try to not be the same dumbshit tardcart I was back in the day, maybe some people went the other direction

Except he did the same shit with a chick in Denver as well. He's a sad, raging alcoholic, loser who is apparently living back home with his mom after wearing out his welcome just about everywhere. It's in your best interest to stay away from him, as he's also compulsive liar.

Except he did the same shit with a chick in Denver as well. He's a sad, raging alcoholic, loser who is apparently living back home with his mom after wearing out his welcome just about everywhere. It's in your best interest to stay away from him, as he's also compulsive liar.

Didn't he also screw over the red head from Mississippi that used post here?

holy shit this dude must've turned into a cockbite of epic proportions

Huh? When I drove into the neighborhood, I didn't see any of this stuff. You have to walk out of the subdivision first to "walk" somewhere.

That's the beauty of Columbia. There's paths everywhere. Walking out of the subdivision doesn't mean I have to walk out the way you drove in. Plus everything is kind of hidden. There's no big signs that say MCDONALDS IS OVER HERE YO, so you might drive right by one and not know you did it. To be fair, walking to places was easier at my old house, which is about a mile from here. Moving to this house means more yard and stuff, but less quick access to everything except the golf course. I don't really mind so much, as my street is way less busy now.

Didn't he also screw over the red head from Mississippi that used post here?

Yeah, I remember her. Worked at a race track in Alabama. Another victim.

I remember WaW hounding him at Genmay because he was trying to ingratiate himself with people.

It would have been shitty of me not to because if he got his hooks into someone else and I just let it happen I'd feel like a total scumbag.

That's the beauty of Columbia. There's paths everywhere. Walking out of the subdivision doesn't mean I have to walk out the way you drove in. Plus everything is kind of hidden. There's no big signs that say MCDONALDS IS OVER HERE YO, so you might drive right by one and not know you did it. To be fair, walking to places was easier at my old house, which is about a mile from here. Moving to this house means more yard and stuff, but less quick access to everything except the golf course. I don't really mind so much, as my street is way less busy now.

rapepaths that the association loves to cover up :D

a couple years back i remember seeing that the association got caught paying significant amounts to quiet down the news of a couple rapes that occurred on trails there, because it was damaging publicity, so they paid to keep it quieter.

I do believe there was a cover up of the story, but mostly out of respect for the victims. What role CA played in that is difficult to say. The rapes both went on record as rape crimes in howard county though. It's not a secret that rape happens everywhere. I do have a friend that was brutally raped and left for dead in marriottsville.