Thread Nixie tube clocks!

Me, too. When I was like 13, or so. It's incredibly creepy. ALTHOUGH, I'd just read "Tommyknockers" & it instantly made me think of the part where the main chick touches something that is sticking out of the ground in a forest, & she feels a low vibration. SUPER CREEPY.

So, there are Tommyknockers in New Mexico.

You have read about the kidnappings down there in the 4 corners, right?

we're just incubators.

I would totally buy one if it weren't for the bare electric boards and chance of shock, can't risk it with small fingers around.
Domon's eventually building cases for these things when he has two usable hands again.

Which reminds me, I have to nag him some more. I haven't seen him post anything about his mangled hand in a while...

How this all went down:

gee: "hey genmay, shall I build more nixies?"
genmay: "OMG FUCK YES YGPM"
gee: "parts are in, now taking orders!"
genmay: <crickets>

I ordered parts to build 25, and at one point I had 20 of them spoken for - then most people backed out. So far I've sold a grand total of 6.

I'm setting up an Etsy shop shortly to sell them.
It's because everyone on the internets is hoodrich. Shit happens with my shift boots all the time. People commit and then brick.

I want a clock but don't have the disposable $100. I'd trade you an Abraham Lincoln bust...

It's because everyone on the internets is hoodrich. Shit happens with my shift boots all the time. People commit and then brick.

I want a clock but don't have the disposable $100. I'd trade you an Abraham Lincoln bust...

wait, you take Abraham Lincoln busts?

You make shift boots? interesting.

I'll happily barter things for clocks - VanFanel worked at AMD in '06, and he paid for his clock with an Opteron 185. A Lincoln bust doesn't do much for this canadian, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Domon's eventually building cases for these things when he has two usable hands again.

Which reminds me, I have to nag him some more. I haven't seen him post anything about his mangled hand in a while...

making good progress dude. Used my router again for the first time yesterday.

Im shaky though, i dont have good strength in my hand to keep things steady or do small movements, but i think thatll come back with practice. Im relatively unmangled now, and my mobility is returning, but the problem is that i have near zero strength, I cant even pick up a pen with that finger set yet.

That sounds awesome, I'd like to see that. Go for it.

(not that I'm biased or anything)

I'll make a mechanical drawing of the clock shortly to facilitate anyone who wants to build a case.

your handdrawn drawing are well good enough, ill post em here if i can get into my genmay account (highly unlikely)

Im shaky though, i dont have good strength in my hand to keep things steady or do small movements, but i think thatll come back with practice. Im relatively unmangled now, and my mobility is returning, but the problem is that i have near zero strength, I cant even pick up a pen with that finger set yet.

Did you do something more than the little nick in the end of your finger I saw?

Take it slow. You can reinjure yourself if you push too hard.

You make shift boots? interesting.

I'll happily barter things for clocks - VanFanel worked at AMD in '06, and he paid for his clock with an Opteron 185. A Lincoln bust doesn't do much for this canadian, but I'm open to other suggestions.
Yep, doing one for waw's rx8 if he ever manages to mail it to me.

I can make shift boots like an animal, learning steering wheel recovering now, hoping to have a sale-worthy product this week. Got a lesson over the weekend.

I also make bags and other textiles/leathercraft stuff. Looking for anything specific?